Architects, engineers, or high school students all need a graphing calculator to complete complex calculations that regular calculators fail to work. Hence, many people want to buy the best graphing calculator to meet their work requirements.
As a mathematical assistant, the graphing calculator provides a set of available functions to help users handle complicated issues such as graph description, calculus, equations, and trigonometry.
The graphing calculators are increasingly more modern to keep up with the complexity of mathematics and specialized professions. However, choosing an appropriate tool is not easy at all.
No worries! Here is your gift. My reviews below summarize valuable information about this advanced product.
What are you waiting for anymore? Let’s go!
- Top 12 Best Whole House Water Filter Reviews in 2021
- Top 15 Best Jobsite Radio For The Money 2021
- Top 15 Best Jigsaws For The Money 2021
- Top 12 Best Reciprocating Saws On The Market 2021
- Top 15 Best Random Orbital Sanders To Buy in 2021
- Top 15 Best Solar String Lights On The Market 2021
- Top 15 Best Window Fans For The Money 2021
- Top 16 Best Bathroom Faucets On The Market 2021
Table of Contents
- What Is Graphing Calculator?
- The Differences Between A Graphing Calculator And A Scientific Calculator
- User Manual
- Which Are The Best Graphing Calculators?
- Graphing Calculator Comparison Chart 2021
- Top 15 Best Graphing Calculator Reviews in 2021
- Key Buying Guide To Select An Advanced Graphing Calculator
- What Are The Best Graphing Calculators Brands?
- My Top Pick
What Is Graphing Calculator?
A graphing calculator is a handheld calculator tool designed to plot graphs. It is also able to process complicated equations, variables, and other calculation tasks.
A key point of this calculator is to solve multiple mathematical functions at the same time. Their results are described onto the screen of the device. Therefore, it gives you a visual look, helping you make the right conclusions.
This equipment is constructed with functional buttons, including numbers, notations, functions, and calculus settings. It primarily includes advanced programmable options to solve various problems instead of a regular calculator.
The plotted graphs are more visualizable, and completed algebraic equations are easier. You not only save time to handle but also understand mathematical calculations quickly.
More than a calculator for solving math problems, this calculator is capable of dealing with other academic fields such as biology, chemistry, physics, and finance.
Users often notice essential features of a graphing calculator such as memory, screen size, screen resolution, and preloaded applications.
The Differences Between A Graphing Calculator And A Scientific Calculator
Both of these calculators are capable of performing sophisticated calculations compared to conventional calculators.
A graphing calculator is different from a scientific calculator by advanced functions that it is programmed.
A scientific calculator feature performs hard mathematical issues such as exponential functions, logarithms, trigonometry, and statistics. Furthermore, it supports physics and engineering tasks, not just mathematics.
Calculation results are not merely numbers; they are displayed intuitively by a graph, a model, or an abstract drawing. The copying and pasting values from this task to another task are performed efficiently, thanks to a smart program preloaded.
To store numbers, it should be a graphing calculator. Besides, some of them have the ability of a Wi-Fi connection. In many cases, downloading applications or data helps users complete tasks more efficiently.
A scientific calculator is much cheaper than a graphing calculator. Display screen design and superior computing capabilities are the reasons for this price difference.
How To Use A Graphing Calculator?
The best way to use a graphing calculator is to read the instruction thoroughly because each type of calculator has different usage.
Below is a set of notes that you can refer to using your graphing calculator without any hassle.
Firstly, remember to double-check whether the current installation of your calculator is set up for the math problem you want to resolve or not.
Secondly, ensure that you can solve an equation before you want to draw a graph for it.
Thirdly, try to use calculator function keys and shortcuts as much as possible.
Finally, enter the expression properly as you view. A smart graphing calculator will simplify such expression with a programmed order.
How To Charge A Graphing Calculator?
Some of the calculators can be charged when it gets low, but others do not.
Generally, a wall adapter and a USB connectivity cable are the two most popular devices for charging a graphing calculator.
For a wall adapter, just plug in the adapter to charge your calculator as charging other conventional electronic devices at home.
With regards to a USB cable, connect your calculator to a computer with this cable. The first two points of the cable are a USB hub of the computer and the USB port of your calculator.
How To Clean A Graphing Calculator?
To clean a graphing calculator is not hard but needs to be careful.
Notice to shake the calculator gently for removing large pieces of debris or dirt. Use a cotton swab with moderate moisture to clean the screen and keyboard.
When the calculator dries, wipe gently with a cloth. Then, wipe the backside and the cover of the calculator.
Do not let any droplets of water remain on the device.
Which Are The Best Graphing Calculators?
Please read a list of 15 proposed best graphing calculators below. You do not need to search and compare among products because my reviews do that for you.
- Best Overall: Texas Instruments 7.5 X 3.42 inches Graphing Calculator
“High-resolution, MathPrint, rechargeable, interactive zoom, various graph styles, simple to perform calculations.”
- Best Budget: Casio 6 X 4 inches Graphing Calculator
“Low-price, long battery life, high-resolution LCD, high-speed CPU, built-in graphing, easy to see the screen.”
- Best for College Students: Texas Instruments 7.8 X 6.06 inches Graphing Calculator
“Preloaded software, multi-purpose graphing functions, screen options, different graphs, pull-down display menus, easy to learn.”
- Best for Statistics: Casio 11 X 7.5 inches Graphing Calculator
“Various updated programs, built-in eActivity, connect to Casio projectors, icon-based menu, data transferability.”
- Best for Engineering: Texas Instruments 7.5 X 3.3 inches Graphing Calculator
“High-speed, large storage, easy to analyze data, matrix operations, USB technology.”
- Best for Calculus: Texas Instruments 7.3 X 3.5 inches Graphing Calculator
“Split screen, readable display, built-in memory, easy to zoom, multi-functional.”
- Best for the ACT: Texas Instruments 14 X 12 inches Graphing Calculator
“Approved by ACT, color screen, versatile to recharge, lightweight, touchpad, easy to use, 3D graphing.”
- Best for Algebra: Texas Instruments 7.28 X 3.15 inches Graphing Calculator
“Simple to learn algebra, backlit display, color-coded, built-in CAS, versatile to zoom.”
- Best for High School: Casio 11.18 X 7.21 inches Graphing Calculator
“Color-link, conditional formatting, picture plot technology, easy to create graphs, good battery.”
- Best Software: Texas Instruments 7.5 X 3.42 inches Graphing Calculator
“Student software, multi-functional, refillable, thin design, different colors, various graph formats, easy to study.”
- HP 7.2 X 3.5 inches Graphing Calculator
“Upgraded display, SD card slot, various built-in functions, innovative design, simple to compute.”
- NumWorks 6.34 X 3.23 inches Graphing Calculator
“High resolution, rechargeable, simple to learn, USB charging cable, different preloaded languages.”
- HP 7.18 X 3.38 inches Graphing Calculator
“Touch screen, refillable, affordable price, easy to sketch, offer a CAS, full-color.”
- Casio 11 X 7.25 inches Graphing Calculator
“Touch screen, large display, easy to compute, convenient to learn.”
- HP 7.3 X 3.38 inches Graphing Calculator
“Multiple calculations, simple to learn geometry, convenient to zoom.”
Graphing Calculator Comparison Chart 2021
An overview of 15 best graphing calculators, as mentioned above, is listed below. Please read this table thoroughly before taking a look into subsequent reviews.
|Product Name||Dimensions||Item Weight||Color|
|Texas Instruments 7.5 X 3.42 inches Graphing Calculator - Best Overall||7.5 x 3.42 x 0.62 inches||12 ounces||Black|
|Casio 6 X 4 inches Graphing Calculator - Best Budget||1 x 4 x 6 inches||7.6 ounces||White|
|Texas Instruments 7.8 X 6.06 inches Graphing Calculator - Best for College Students||7.8 x 6.06 x 1.34 inches||5.3 ounces||Black|
|Casio 11 X 7.5 inches Graphing Calculator - Best for Statistics||2.5 x 11 x 7.5 inches||1 pound||Black|
|Texas Instruments 7.5 X 3.3 inches Graphing Calculator - Best for Engineering||7.5 x 0.9 x 3.3 inches||10.2 ounces||Black|
|Texas Instruments 7.3 X 3.5 inches Graphing Calculator - Best for Calculus||7.3 x 1 x 3.5 inches||9 ounces||Gray|
|Texas Instruments 14 X 12 inches Graphing Calculator - Best for the ACT||12 x 4 x 14 inches||7 ounces||Black|
|Texas Instruments 7.28 X 3.15 inches Graphing Calculator - Best for Algebra||7.28 x 0.59 x 3.15 inches||12.8 ounces||Black|
|Casio 11.18 X 7.21 inches Graphing Calculator - Best for High School||11.18 x 7.21 x 2.05 inches||8 ounces||Black|
|Texas Instruments 7.5 X 3.42 inches Graphing Calculator - Best Software||0.62 x 3.42 x 7.5 inches||13.6 ounces||Black|
|HP 7.2 X 3.5 inches Graphing Calculator||7.2 x 1 x 3.5 inches||9.6 ounces||Blackface|
|NumWorks 6.34 X 3.23 inches Graphing Calculator||6.34 x 0.39 x 3.23 inches||5.9 ounces||White|
|HP 7.18 X 3.38 inches Graphing Calculator||7.18 x 3.38 x 0.55 inches||8 ounces||Black|
|Casio 11 X 7.25 inches Graphing Calculator||7.25 x 2.25 x 11 inches||1.55 pounds||Black|
|HP 7.3 X 3.38 inches Graphing Calculator||3.38 x 7.3 x 0.55 inches||1.5 pounds||Black|
Top 15 Best Graphing Calculator Reviews in 2021
This section includes detailed reviews about the best graphing calculators. Do not miss them that affect your buying decision. Please read more than once if necessary.
1. Texas Instruments 7.5 X 3.42 inches Graphing Calculator
Are you confused about a graphing calculator with a full of advanced functions? I believe that this product of Texas Instruments is a perfect choice. The processor of this device is faster than all previous versions of the brand.
Uniquely, MathPrint is integrated to turn what you write in textbooks will display precisely on the screen.
Over ten programs are preloaded, such as Polynomial Root Finder, Conic Graphing, and Vernier Easy Data.
Seven types of graphs are offered. Photos are imported from a computer. Fourteen zoom modes are set up. They all help you understand mathematics issues more quickly.
It has a sleek design with a crisp color screen. An optimal display contains color-coded equations and plots, high-resolution, backlit display, and add grid lines. Hence, you can experience learning without eye-hurting.
What’s more, more memory and a higher performance make you feel confident when performing complicated calculations.
- High-resolution, improved backlit color screen
- Rechargeable battery
- Preinstalled applications and photos
- Different zoom settings
- MathPrint mode
- Various fun colors
- Slim design, lightweight
- Large storage memory
- Easy to change available modes in a new specific setting
- Simple to read
- Approved in international exams
- Flawless software and applications
- Speed is not as fast as expected due to the full-color screen
- Some functions are hard to use although they are vital for math
- High price
|User Available Memory||3.0MB ROM / 154KB RAM|
|Batteries||1 Lithium Metal batteries required (included)|
Watch this video right now to see more features of this graphing calculator:
2. Casio 6 X 4 inches Graphing Calculator
I am sure that it is hard to find an affordable graphing calculator with all the basic features. However, when reading about this device of Casio, you will change your thought.
Its entry-level settings are popular with beginners or people who need to perform regular computing functions only.
An icon-based menu helps you navigate easily while soft menus are programed to access normal functions.
The LCD screen is designed with dot display up to 64×128, so graphics and statistical data are much sharper. You can see the axis, models, curves, intercepts, and intersections easily. Thanks to this, you understand graphs much better.
Furthermore, a high-speed CPU allows you to process math problems and graphs faster. It helps you save time when attending exams.
This product is equipped with a built-in USB so you can share data with other calculators or connect to a Casio projector.
- High-resolution LCD with large-sized dot display
- Icon-based menu
- Soft menus
- High-Speed CPU
- USB Connectivity
- Easy to see details of graphs by an enlarged dot display
- Calculate is very fast and accurate
- Perform X = relations and the chi-squared GOF function
- Solve interactive equation
- Additional display of conic sections
- Battery life lasts over 200 hours
- Unit conversion available
- Reasonable price
- Exam allowance
- Not easy to use for beginners despite following the instructions, so you need to read tutorials online
- Often stop working after a short time
|User Available Memory||62KB RAM|
|Batteries||4 Alkaline AAA batteries required (non-rechargeable), 200+ hours of battery life|
|Screen||The large-sized 64×128 dot display, 10-Digit x Two-Line Display|
Do not pull down without seeing the following video about this graphing calculator:
3. Texas Instruments 7.8 X 6.06 inches Graphing Calculator
(Best for College Students)
This graphing calculator is a perfect gift for you to perform standardized tests such as AP, SAT, PSAT, and ACT. You can easily access to pull-down display menus to find whatever functions you need.
With this device, you can rotate split screen both horizontally and vertically. It provides math print mode, so your inputs displayed on the screen will be identical to what you see in the textbooks.
The Cabri Jr. interactive geometry software is ready to use. Ten advanced options help you process graphs and analyze them simultaneously.
It is supplied with an i/o port to communicate with other Texas Instruments equipment.
- Preloaded Cabri Jr. interactive geometry software
- Ten graphing programs
- Pull-down display menus
- Horizontal and vertical split-screen
- A vibrant backlit color screen
- I/o port
- Seven graph types
- Easy to use
- Long battery life
- Ideal for standardized exams
- Dependable memory functions
- Simple to save data
- Applications can expand the feature set of hardware
- The graphic lines are quite blurry
- Horizontal lines sometimes run across the screen
- Fail to simplify square roots
- Expensive cost
- Lack of a computer algebra system
|User Available Memory||480KB ROM / 24KB RAM|
|Batteries||1 Lithium Metal batteries required (alkaline), 4 AAA|
|Size||320 x 240 pixels (2.8″ diagonal)|
|Processor||2.5 faster than normal models|
|Lines Per Page||8|
|Sheet Size||8.5 x 11 inches|
|Line Size||7.8 inches|
Stop and experience this graphing calculator with the video below:
4. Casio 11 X 7.5 inches Graphing Calculator
(Best for Statistics)
This graphing calculator is set up logically. Just press the menu button to navigate to a set of preloaded functions. Trust me, Casio gives you a strong device with overall intuitive usability.
This calculator is upgraded new complicated functions such as REF/RREF, regressions, random integers, unit conversion, chi-squared GOF, and nine probability equations.
It is mostly used for various math levels such as pre-algebra, algebra I and II, AP calculus, and AP statistics.
It is equipped with management software, built-in eActivity, and spreadsheet options. It also develops graph styles, including pie charts, bar graphs, and graph X=f(Y).
Compared to earlier versions, this product has a processor with faster speed. The screen is oversized with backlighting, improving the superior visuals.
- Upgraded new functions and graph styles
- Built-in eActivity and spreadsheet programs
- Icon-based menu
- Communication with Casio projectors
- Data transfer mechanism by USB connectivity
- Backlight LCD
- Preloaded manager software
- Logical to use
- Up-to-date applications
- Low price
- Simple to view screen by backlighting
- Equipped a fast processor
- Self-explanatory software helps you understand math issues more simply
- Easy to connect to similar tools or Casio projectors
- Solve math knowledge for levels
- The battery is not rechargeable so you should change it frequently
|User Available Memory||1.5MB ROM / 62KB RAM|
|Batteries||4 AAA batteries required, 200 hours of battery life|
|Processor||3 to 5 times faster than standard models|
Discover the tutorial online of this graphing calculator by taking a look at this video:
5. Texas Instruments 7.5 X 3.3 inches Graphing Calculator
(Best for Engineering)
This graphing calculator offers especially for engineering students because it consists of specialized software such as CellSheet, EE Pro, and NoteFolio.
Thanks to these applications, you can perform linear, nonlinear functions, and differential equations in the form of a symbol or numerical value.
Equipped Vernier EasyLink and Vernier EasyTemp, this graphing calculator helps you collect and analyze real-world data quickly.
This product is supplied with matrix operations. It also has CAS to compute equations in symbolic form and expand variable expressions.
The screen is designed with a 100 x 160-pixel display that helps you view simply. A large storage memory saves data and programs conveniently.
- Preloaded handheld software
- Solve algebra, matrices, and statistical functions
- Large memory for speed
- Split-screen view
- Vernier EasyLink and Vernier EasyTemp
- USB on-the-go technology
- Matrix operations
- Ideal for engineering students with 16 software
- High-speed processor
- Nearly 100 graphing functions
- Simple to view split-screen
- Convenient to analyze data
- Easy to connect to other equipment
- Time-saving in exams
- No color-coded display
- Press more buttons to navigate the calculator to what you need to perform
- No alerts about the battery getting low. Just turn off when the calculator dies
|User Available Memory||2.7MB ROM / 188KB RAM|
|Screen||100 x 160-pixel display|
|Graphing functions||About 100|
See this video about how to transfer data from a computer on this graphing calculator:
6. Texas Instruments 7.3 X 3.5 inches Graphing Calculator
(Best for Calculus)
You do not know a graphing calculator designed for solving complicated math issues fast with an upgraded model. Congrats you! This device is a great choice.
Surprisingly! This product stores and analyzes ten matrices with data storage in a set of lists consisting of 999 factors per list.
You can perform advanced calculations and analysis, including regression, hyperbolic functions, and interactive equations for various variables.
With a 64 x 96-pixel resolution, you can trace equations, values, graphs, and co-ordinates simultaneously.
- Upgraded applications
- Readable display with bright levels
- Exam allowance
- Analysis of up to 10 matrices
- 14 zoom features
- Compute advanced functions very quickly
- Side-by-side screen mode
- Inexpensive cost
- Come with an impact-resistant case
- Exclude MathPrint
- Space is not large enough to accommodate updates
- Functions require additional steps; for example, remember to place the notation of parentheses
- Easy to run out of batteries
- The screen seems to be faded
|User Available Memory||160KB ROM / 24KB RAM|
|Batteries||1 Lithium Metal batteries, 4 AAA alkaline|
|Screen||64 x 96-pixel resolution LCD|
|Lines Per Page||8|
|Preloaded applications||Over 2|
Experience this graphing calculator right now by watching this video:
7. Texas Instruments 14 X 12 inches Graphing Calculator
(Best for the ACT)
Many types of graphing calculators are approved by ACT. However, I believe that this device is the best version for that standardized test because it is upgraded from the best functions of previous Texas Instruments calculators.
This product is allowed to use in the ACT exam because it is not marked CAS. It performs analysis, including statistics, regression, graphs, data, and complex function results.
You can use this equipment without worries about screen quality. It imports images and photos for overlaying functions and graphs. It provides image format such as jpg, .bmp, and .jpeg.
This device is equipped with a version 5.0 for improving graphing performance. Besides, it offers a dynamic feature that helps you drag graphs into various shapes.
Student software is preloaded to use in the ACT exam. This application enhances graphing capabilities and solves hard math problems.
- Colorful screen, high-resolution display, backlit display
- Rechargeable battery
- Thin design and lightweight
- Use in ACT exams very efficiently
- Understand complicated math concepts more quickly
- Easy to navigate by buttons with soft tactile feedback
- Versatile to import images and photos
- Simple to factor to adjust graphs
- Great dynamic properties
- Good resolution
- The interface is out-of-date, sometimes it works slowly
- Not easy to read in the sunlight
- Low-grade construction quality
- Not easy to snap the cover because it is too tight
|User Available Memory||100MB ROM / 64MB RAM|
|Batteries||1 Lithium Metal batteries, last up to two weeks on a single charge, expected to last up to 3 years|
|Screen||320 x 240 pixels (3.5 inches diagonal)|
|Screen resolution||125 DPI; 16-bit color|
Explore the video below right now to know how this graphing calculator works:
8. Texas Instruments 7.28 X 3.15 inches Graphing Calculator
(Best for Algebra)
Unlike the calculator mentioned above, this device adds a build-in CAS. It is a perfect product for pre-algebra, algebra 1 and 2, linear algebra, trigonometry, pre-calculus, and AP calculus.
CAS function helps you manipulate calculations to which any variable.
This equipment creates 3D graphic functionality so you can input real-world images and describe graphs and calculations on them. You can save these photos in the form of files.
It allows the screen to display more than one graph so you can understand graphs and compare them simply.
MathScript is equipped to show what appears in the textbooks that are identical to what you view on the screen.
- Preloaded applications for algebra equations
- Full color-coded screen, backlit display
- CAS included
- 11 zoom levels
- Refillable battery
- Slim design and lightweight
- Easy to write notes and comments
- Simple to understand graphs and math issues
- Experience 3D graphic performance
- Convenient to store data
- Symbolic manipulation is quite good
- The software could crash when using over time
- Does not work stably
- Impossible to work in the S-domain or Z-domain
- Hard to do natively Laplace, inverse Laplace transforms, and Z-transforms
- Slow to change settings for a document or scratchpad that is open
|User Available Memory||128MB ROM / 64MB RAM|
|Batteries||Lithium Metal batteries, expected to last up to two weeks of normal use on a single charge|
For more details, visit this video right now to see how this graphing is efficient:
9. Casio 11.18 X 7.21 inches Graphing Calculator
(Best for High School)
This graphing calculator is rated as one of the most suitable for high school students because they can compute quickly and understand math concepts better.
Its screen attracts students. 65,000 colors and “picture plot” technology are designed to help schoolers learn without being bored. Accordingly, students can experience color-link graphs to handle the most complicated math questions.
You can analyze graph lines and tables quickly because they are displayed clearly through a 3.7-inch display. It is equipped with a PC link port to transfer programs and data without trouble.
High speed helps learners access complex functions more quickly.
- 7″ LCD screen with 65,000 brilliant colors
- Import pictures on the screen
- Color-Link and conditional formatting
- Casio “Picture Plot” Technology
- PC link port, USB Connectivity
- Fraction key
- Easy to read details on the screen because of a spacious size
- Perform complex number calculations easily
- Simple to learn
- Built-in spreadsheet programs
- User friendly
- Big keyboard
- Batteries are removable; a battery alert tells you when they get low
- Include many complex functionalities
- Screen maybe faded under heavy usage because most menus are printed on key faces
- Pictures could be displayed with a bit grainy
- Graphing lag
|User Available Memory||1.5MB ROM / 62KB RAM|
|Batteries||4 AAA batteries, 140 hours of battery life|
|Screen||3.7″ LCD Screen – over 82,000 pixels (384 x 216)|
|LCD colors||65,000 brilliant colors|
|Processor||3 to 5 faster than regular models|
See the video below and test features and functions of this graphing calculator:
10. Texas Instruments 7.5 X 3.42 inches Graphing Calculator
The TI-Inspire CX Student Software is preloaded to be ready for advanced graphing capabilities and other purposes. These include animated path plot, dynamic coefficient values, and points by coordinates analysis.
With color-coded screen tabs, you can experience new views easily. Besides, you can use sliders to analyze any aspects of a graph, including animate points, tested equations, inequalities, and other objects.
This device is also integrated advanced functions that consist of TI-Basic programming enhancements, Vernier Dataquest applications, and lists and spreadsheets.
They all help you describe data and the relationship between collected data and their plots visually.
- Color-coded screen with high resolution
- Rechargeable battery
- Handheld-Software Bundle
- Sleek Design and lightweight
- 6 graph formats and 15 types of colors
- Easy to navigate by a touchpad
- Simple to use software for upgrading
- Solve any polynomial
- CAS application works well
- Convenient to connect between the calculator and a computer
- Not allowed in AP exams
- When you place the back of the calculator in its sheath, it will rock back and forth while you are typing
- If you type quickly, it could not recognize what input is
|User Available Memory||90+ MB ROM / 64MB RAM|
|Batteries||1 Lithium-ion batteries, rechargeable|
|Screen||320 x 240 pixels (3.5 inches diagonal)|
|Screen resolution||125 DPI; 16-bit color|
For more information, click the following video and explore this graphing calculator:
11. HP 7.2 X 3.5 inches Graphing Calculator
Unlike other graphing calculators, this equipment delivers an SD card slot that helps store data more flexibly. The connectivity is highly evaluated by professionals working in fields such as math and engineering.
With this SD card, you can format your card easily. This calculator contains over 2,300 built-in functions, so that anyone can use it efficiently.
The screen is displayed very clearly thanks to a spacious face and a high-contrast mode. Hence, you can view any points of graphs and details of the formula.
Furthermore, this product provides the example lessons and problem-solving ways to make you understand abstract concepts more quickly.
You can edit, cut, copy, and paste simply. Graphing features consist of both 2-D and 3-D functions that help you see plots without worries.
- New display upgrade
- Powerful SD card slot
- Extensive equation library and over 2,300 built-in functions
- Efficient RPN, Textbook or Algebraic data entry
- USB cable
- Premium pouch
- CD for guidance
- Perform calculations quickly and accurately
- An indefinite stack to spot mistakes simply
- Smart textbook display feature
- Good for typing
- May be difficult to read the display
- No backlight options so the screen could display in low light
- Fonts for symbols are quite hard to recognize, for example, an infinity symbol
- Too long user guide but not full enough to operate
- Poor documentation
|User Available Memory||2MB ROM / 512KB RAM|
|Batteries||4 AA batteries|
|Lines Per Page||8|
Click this video to know why this graphing calculator is easy to compute:
12. NumWorks 6.34 X 3.23 inches Graphing Calculator
If you want to find a graphing calculator for international students to use, this product is what you need. It is preloaded five types of languages such as English, French, German, Spanish, and Portuguese.
It is certainly designed to keep up with modern technology by delivering open source and ergonomic keypad. It is evaluated to suit the high school curriculum.
No needs a user manual, and you still access the main menu through six tailor-made applications, namely calculation, functions, python, statistics, probability, and equations.
The keypad has three separate thematic areas, including navigational area, advanced function buttons, and numerical keypad. Hence, you can use it very conveniently.
- Six tailor-made applications
- Ergonomic keypad
- High-resolution color screen
- Rechargeable battery
- Come with USB charging cable
- Simple to learn
- User friendly
- Ideal for school math
- A single keypress instead of pushing many times
- Plot graphing very fast
- Set up window size very quickly
- Store data in memory takes too much time, several steps
- Low-contrast screen
- Not easy to perform trace feature
|User Available Memory||8MB ROM / 256KB RAM|
|Batteries||1 Lithium-ion batteries (last up to more than 20 hours in intensive use or multiple years in standby mode)|
|Languages||English, French, German, Spanish, and Portuguese|
|Screen||320 x 240 pixels|
|Preloaded applications||6 tailor-made apps|
Watch this video right now to experience this graphing calculator:
13. HP 7.18 X 3.38 inches Graphing Calculator
This graphing calculator has a flat surface in brushed metal. With a 3.5-inch screen and a clear keypad, you can use it very simply.
You can enter numbers and notations with identical symbols to what you see in the textbook. RPN functions are acceptable so you can round off results.
It is programmed to solve complex numbers, hyperbolic functions, or even trigonometric models. Besides, a CAS helps you save time when in use.
HP Streamstart 410 provides you a new learning experience for transforming data more efficiently.
- Flat design covered by brushed metal
- 5-inch screen
- CAS program
- HP Streamstart 410
- Multi-touch display
- STEM ecosystem
- User friendly
- Versatile to use a touchscreen and a keypad
- Wireless connectivity
- High speed
- The grayscale display
- Great hard sliding cover
- Nice industrial design
- The light is quite a glare due to the glossy screen
- Unit conversion seems to be clumsy
- Hard to manage variables
- Fingerprints appear easily on the screen
- Only solve ten types of equations
- Not available HP equation library
|User Available Memory||32MB RAM|
|Batteries||1 Lithium-ion batteries|
|Lines Per Page||3|
|Screen||320 x 240TFT LCD|
Explore the video below and experience more features about this graphing calculator:
14. Casio 11 X 7.25 inches Graphing Calculator
This graphing calculator brings advanced graphics and quadratic functions for you to view. That’s so great if you want to display colorful graphs.
The 3-D graphing of this device is better than other products. Surprisingly, you can adjust and rotate graphs simply.
A stylus is supplied for you to work comfortably. A large screen is suitable for watching the essential points of a graph, improving the visuality.
A set of applications are displayed to access quickly.
- Large color-coded screen
- High-quality graphics and displayed programs
- Rechargeable battery
- Stylus included
- 3-D graphing efficiently
- Strong battery
- Convenient to learn
- Calculating speed is quite slow to work
- Not cheap
- Average performance when in use
- Data might be cluttered over time
|User Available Memory||500KB RAM|
|Batteries||4 AAA batteries, last up to 1 month|
Watch the video below now and see how to test this graphing calculator:
15. HP 7.3 X 3.38 inches Graphing Calculator
This graphing calculator is preloaded a lot of advanced functions that help you compute more confidently.
With this multi-purpose device, you can draw a parametric plot, bar plot, scatter plot, and other histograms.
You can also converse hours, minutes and seconds, polar or rectangular, angle, base, and unit.
Other high-quality options are very versatile, such as zoom, trace, co-ordinates, and shade.
It is also useful in many fields, namely engineering, trigonometry, statistics, and geometry.
- Various fields
- 2-D function
- Graphing plots
- Large memory
- Simple to use applications
- Up-to-dated constantly
- Long-lasting battery
- Buttons are large, well-labeled, and organized
- Not very easy to use both Home mode and CAS mode
- Outdated technology
- Hard to remove calculator lid from the back
|User Available Memory||256MB ROM / 32MB RAM|
|Batteries||1 Lithium-ion batteries, last up to 1 month|
Key Buying Guide To Select An Advanced Graphing Calculator
This part gives you some valuable notes to consider more thoroughly before choosing a suitable graphing calculator for your work.
This is the most critical feature of any graphing calculator.
Each calculator is designed to download applications for plotting. Some devices offer 2-D graphics or even 3-D graphs.
Color settings are crucial because they help you see graphs visually. Every calculator has different color modes, so you should check information about the number of colors, quality, and contrast.
This is a crucial point that decides whether you buy a graphing calculator or not.
This feature controls the working speed and gives the answers to calculations as quickly as possible.
You should consider about the processor if you often attend exams because time-savings is very necessary.
If you use graphing and compute ordinary equations only, an average speed might be acceptable. Remember that the slower speed is, the cheaper graphing calculator is.
There are many factors of this characteristic, such as resolution, color-coded mode, and sizes.
You should choose a high-resolution LCD to see details on the screen more easily. The color mode is highly recommended with minimum 16-bit color and 125 DPI.
The sizes are very varied. It depends on you, but a big-sized screen is preferable.
Not all graphing calculators are rechargeable.
Some of them last up to two weeks for a single charge or even one month. That is so helpful when you use it over time.
Besides, it should be used as a battery type with 4 AAA as accessible.
Notice that some calculators do not have the battery indicator that alerts when it gets low. Please ask suppliers or see information about this point.
What Are The Best Graphing Calculators Brands?
The competition brings motivation among brands to provide on the market the best products for consumers overall.
It seems that only the two most famous brands of graphing calculator manufacturing are currently on the market. Others just account for a minimal market share.
Texas Instruments is a well-known manufacturer with many experience years in producing electronics. The Corporation always adapts and keep up with an ever-changing world.
There are many products around the world, such as graphing calculators, clocks and timing, amplifiers, data converters, motor drivers, and wireless connectivity.
The Company is proud of its reputation built over sixty years, making the perfect products for consumers worldwide.
The Corporation focuses on researching and manufacturing electrical devices with high-quality technology.
The primary devices include graphing calculators, watches, electronic musical instruments, label printers, cash registers, and projectors.
There are five questions about the graphing calculators. Answers are written down under each question. I hope you will have your own choice after reading them.
My Top Pick
After lots of information, now is the time to make your decision. If you feel not confident, you should read all my article again. I believe that you will pick the best graphing calculator as you expect.
I choose Texas Instruments 7.5 X 3.42 inches Graphing Calculator because it performs complex calculations quickly and accurately, it also has a high-resolution screen and multiple graph styles for viewing.
Do not forget to write your ideas about my reviews.
Do not hesitate; tell me right now.