When it comes to construction sites or landscaping projects, you may have to measure your plot of land or mark off a foundation & there is a wide range of measuring tools available in the market. However, not all are ideal for long-distance measurements, especially on rough terrains. Here is where the best measuring wheel comes into play.
As the name implies, a measuring wheel is an estimating tool, designed to measure the distance between two places. They are also known as a surveyor wheel, click wheel, and trundle wheel. Not only a measuring wheel makes it easy to get accurate measurements, but it also saves you a lot of time.
Since surveyor wheels come in different sizes, you have to choose it very carefully, depending on your project, but it is not an easy task. So, to help you pick the right measuring wheel, I am going to give a list of top 15 measuring wheels along with a buying guide.
Table of Contents
Benefits Of Buying The Best Measuring Wheels
Designed for estimating distances, a surveyor wheel is a handy equipment that is ideal for a range of indoor and outdoor uses, including construction and landscaping. Here are some of the important reasons why you should invest in the best measuring wheel.
- Versatile: Measuring wheels are available in a variety of tire sizes. It works on different types of terrain. You can pick the tire size as per your project needs. Small wheel sized devices are ideal for indoor use and measuring relatively shorter distances, whereas the medium and large wheel size devices are fit for outdoors, and measuring longer distances.
- User-Friendly Device: A measuring wheel is such a piece of equipment that can be handled easily by one person without any assistance. So, you don’t have to depend on anyone else for performing a measuring job. Just go, grab the wheel, and you are all set.
- Simple Operation: Measuring wheels are lightweight and come with ergonomic handles, while the wheels are designed to run smoothly. They are based on a simple mechanism; all you have to do is turn on the clock and start walking along the path you want to measure. Once you have reached the destination, lock the brakes and note down the distance.
- Great for Measuring Long Distances: These measuring tools are quick and easy to use. They are highly efficient in estimating long distances. Most of the measuring wheels can measure up to 10,000 feet within a few seconds. Hence, not only it saves you a lot of time but also helps you to enhance your work productivity.
- Compact and Highly Accurate: Measuring wheels are known for their accuracy. You can use it to measure longer space, regardless of its distance. You need not worry about any errors. Moreover, they are collapsible, and hence, they cover a very small space in your garage.
Types Of Measuring Wheel
Now that you know the benefits of measuring wheels, if you’re planning to buy one, you need to know about the three different types of measuring wheels available in the market. It’s a wise idea to understand what kind of measuring wheel can serve the purpose. Here I am going to tell the same so that you can pick the best one as per your needs.
- Top 15 Best Scroll Saws To Buy in 2021
- Top 12 Best Paper Cutter and Trimmer To Buy 2021
- Top 15 Best Under Sink Water Filters To Buy in 2021
- Top 15 Best Camping Chairs To Buy in 2021
- Top 15 Best Graphing Calculators To Buy in 2021
- Top 12 Best Home Safes On The Market 2021
- Top 12 Best Reciprocating Saws On The Market 2021
- Top 12 Best Kitchen Faucet Reviews in 2021
Tape Measure Wheels
The Tape Measure Wheels is round or circular in shape. This extra-long roll of tape can be measured with the frame available outside of the wheel. Sometimes, an extra hook is attached to the side of the measure wheels.
In a few models of measuring wheels, marking stakes are included that provide accurate reading if used properly. This Tape Measure Wheel is a bit tricky to use for the beginners. Only a seasoned user can operate this measuring wheel with ease.
The mechanical wheel is probably the simplest and most user-friendly variant of measuring wheels available in the market. There is a counter available in this device that helps a user to record the distance easily. It does not require any battery while operating.
Those who are slightly tight on their budget and planning to buy a mechanical wheel without splurging a ton, this variant of the measuring wheel is the best for them. Unlike its digital counterpart, this mechanical wheel may disappoint a user in terms of providing accuracy.
Electronic wheels have an uncanny resemblance to the mechanical wheels. The main difference between these two kinds of measuring wheels is this electronic wheel is equipped with a digital display board to provide the most accurate output. You have to charge this electronic wheel before using it.
The availability and ease in operation have made this measuring wheel the ultimate choice for a wide range of users. This upgraded version of the mechanical wheel is slightly expensive and equipped with modern features like the ability to switch measurement units or store multiple figures.
Best Measuring Wheel Brands On The Market
A measuring wheel is a powerful tool that is used to measure distance. Whether you are a beginner or a professional contractor, you need a measuring wheel to succeed in your task. Here are some of the best brands of measuring wheels that I have listed down for you to choose from.
Komelon USA, Korean measuring wheel manufacturing giant, has been ruling the industry since 1963. This organization is famous for bringing the most modern range of equipment for users. Their wide range of products is bound to serve the purpose of everyone without splurging a lot for the item. That’s why Komelonusa has become a trustworthy name among the users of the measuring wheel.
Founded by Mr. Geroge B. Dearment in 1886, Channellock is a pioneer in the field of factory equipment production. From screwdrivers to measuring wheel manufacturing, they have left their mark everywhere. One of the oldest companies in the United Kingdom, Channellock, is an expert to combine legacy and the latest technology while unveiling its range of products for the users.
Founded in 1963, this company is new in the world of measuring wheels making. Their high-quality products rarely fail to satisfy its customers in terms of features and price. From beginners to professionals, anyone can try to use their range of products. Their digital measuring wheels have changed the entire concept of how measuring wheels can be used to perform the task easily.
Stanley has been serving the mechanical accessories manufacturing industry since 1843. They have pledged to provide the best quality measuring wheels to its users. This leading hand tools, power tools, and accessories manufacturer never compromises with the product quality. Those who are seeking high-quality measuring wheels with power-packed performance must check out their products.
Founded by Roy Nose, Keson started its magnificent journey in 1968. For over five decades, they have been manufacturing reliable and user-friendly measuring wheels and other accessories. They focus on customer satisfaction and launch a new line of products based on the customers’ needs. A user can select the best measuring wheel from a large collection as per the project needs.
Measuring Wheel Comparison Chart 2021
Check out the comparison chart of the 15-best measuring wheels below that help you choose the right product as per your needs.
|Best Measuring Wheels||Wheel Diameter||Handle Max Height||Distance Measuring Capacity||Frame Material|
|Zozen 12-Inch Measuring Wheel - Best Overall||12-inch||40 inches||9,999 ft.||ABS Plastic|
|Komelon ML1810 Measuring Wheel - Best Budget||6-inch||Not specified||10,000 ft.||Plastic|
|Aain 12-Inch Measuring Wheel - Best for Rough Terrain||12-inch||45 inches||9,999 ft.||Plastic|
|Scuddles 4-Inch Measuring Wheel - Best on All Surfaces||4-inch||42 inches||10,000 ft.||ABS Plastic|
|Rolatape RT204 Measuring Wheel - Best for Cross Country||4-inch||36.5 inches||10,000 ft.||ABS Plastic|
|Stanley DMW40 Measuring Wheel - Best Digital||10-inch||Not Specified||10,000 ft.||Aluminum|
|TR Industrial 12-Inch Measuring Wheel - Best Stainless Steel||12-inch||33 inches||9,999 ft.||Stainless Steel|
|Komelon 6-Inch Measuring Wheel - Best With Paint Marker||6-inch||Not Specified||10,000 ft.||Plastic|
|AdirPro 12-Inch Measuring Wheel - Best With Digital Display||12-inch||44 inches||9,99.9 ft.||Plastic|
|Keson RRT12 Measuring Wheel - Best With Handle Reset||12-inch||36 inches||10,000 ft.||Plastic|
|Calculated Industries 6540 Measuring Wheel - Best With Brake||12.5-inch||38 inches||9,999 ft.||Not Specified|
|Milwaukee 12-Inch Measuring Wheel - Best Milwaukee||12-inch||6.5 inches||9,999 ft.||Aluminum|
|Keson MP401E Measuring Wheel - Best Keson||15.5-inch||21 inches||9,9999 ft.||Steel|
|DuraWheel DW-500 Measuring Wheel - Best Distance||6-inch||38-inches||9,999 ft.||Not Specified|
|Lufkin PSMW48CL Measuring Wheel - Best Professional||12-inch||Not Specified||10,000 ft.||Plastic|
What Are The Best Measuring Wheels?
Have a quick review at the features of the 15-best measuring wheels, and pick the one that suits your needs the best.
- Best Overall: Zozen 12-Inch Measuring Wheel
“Built-in carrying handle, Thick rubber tire glides easily across different types of ground conditions, Quickly fold measuring wheel at the fast-food joint for easy storage.”
- Best Budget: Komelon ML1810 Measuring Wheel
“Adjustable twist and lock handle, Gear-driven counter with push-button reset, Telescopic handle for a comfortable grip.”
- Best for Rough Terrain: Aain 12-Inch Measuring Wheel
“Wrist protection structure, Ideal for indoor and outdoor measurements, Compact fold down to half its original length.”
- Best on All Surfaces: Scuddles 4-Inch Measuring Wheel
“Lifetime guarantee, Cordless operation, Multiple applications.”
- Best for Cross Country: Rolatape RT204 Measuring Wheel
“Made up of ABS plastic material, Ideal for hard surfaces, Lightweight and portable.”
- Best Digital: Stanley DMW40 Measuring Wheel
“Bi-directional measurements, Automatic conversion of units, Auto or manual power off.”
- Best Stainless Steel: TR Industrial 12-Inch Measuring Wheel
“Extremely convenient reset button, Ergonomic grip, Heavy-duty construction.”
- Best With Paint Marker: Komelon 6-Inch Measuring Wheel
“Comes with measure marker, Provides maximum stability, Easy to use and store.”
- Best With Digital Display: AdirPro 12-Inch Measuring Wheel
“High-quality and durable construction, LCD display for enhanced readability, Auto shut off feature for enhanced battery life.”
- Best With Handle Reset: Keson RRT12 Measuring Wheel
“Enhanced pistol grip, Counter reset ion handle, Kickstand included.”
- Best With Brake: Calculated Industries 6540 Measuring Wheel
“Hand brake on the pistol grip, Collapsible handle for easy storage, Ergonomic design.”
- Best Milwaukee: Milwaukee 12-Inch Measuring Wheel
“Debris-cleaning wheel flap, Durable locking pivot, Easy storage and transportation.”
- Best Keson: Keson MP401E Measuring Wheel
“Swan neck ergonomic handle, Sealed counter encasement, Kickstand included.”
- Best Distance: DuraWheel DW-500 Measuring Wheel
“Tri-fold handle with pistol grip, Belt driven counter, Sturdy click-lock joint.”
- Best Professional: Lufkin PSMW48CL Measuring Wheel
“Centerline wheel for accurate measurements, Heavy-duty wheel wiper prevents debris buildup, Ergonomic dual-material pistol grip handle.”
Top 15 Best Measuring Wheel Reviews in 2021
Now you know what this guide is all about, let us go through a detailed review of the best measuring wheel to help you choose the right product.
1. Zozen 12-Inch Measuring Wheel
If you’re a surveyor, builder, or remodeler, getting accurate measurements is very important to provide satisfactory results to your clients. And that’s what you get by using this measuring wheel by Zozen. As it’s fitted with a built-in handle, the measuring wheel ensures ease of use.
Measurements taken of your property with this 12-inch wheel are extremely accurate regardless of the terrain-type. Whether your project requires outdoor or indoor measuring, this wheel can take care of all. Not just that, it’s also lightweight, making it extremely portable.
- Comes with pistol grip for easy transport
- Wheel measures in units of tenths of feet up to a 9,99.9-foot range
- It comes with a case and measuring tape
- Ergonomic design
- Built-in kickstand supports the wheel
- Compact and durable
- Doesn’t have a digital display
|Product Dimensions/Weight||16 x 12 x 6 inches/4.66 pounds|
2. Komelon ML1810 Measuring Wheel
Are you looking for a good-quality measurement wheel that suits your pocket? If so, then check out this measuring wheel introduced by Komelon. Just because it’s inexpensive, it doesn’t mean one has to compromise with the quality.
Some of its features include a 5-digit counter that can read up to 10,000 ft. It is equipped with a telescoping handle for a comfortable grip. Its counter is gear driven to ensure easy usage of the measuring wheel.
With a perfect combination of balance and stability, the results provided by this wheel is unbeatable. This measurement wheel by Komelon is an excellent proof of the fact that the price doesn’t need to be higher to be a good quality product.
- It is ideal for both indoor and outdoor measurements
- It comes with a magnifying lens for improved readability
- It measures in feet and tenths of inches
- Offers versatility
- Excellent stability and balance
- Light-weighted, easy to carry
- Not suitable for outdoor measurement
|Product Dimensions/Weight||18 x 4 x 5.75 inches/1.5 pounds|
3. Aain 12-Inch Measuring Wheel
(Best for Rough Terrain)
Unlike flat surfaces, measuring over uneven, rocky or rough terrain is tough as it doesn’t provide accurate results. For that, you need to have a measuring wheel that is designed in a way to provide actual and precise results, even on the rough terrains. And what could be better than the measuring wheel brought to you by Aain?
With a measuring wheel of 12-inch diameter, taking the accurate measurement of rough terrain has become easier than ever. Whether it’s a curved line or a straight line, the patented gear transmission provides precise measurement. Its handle can be folded to half its actual length and can fit into any corner of the house or car.
- Push button to reset the meter of the measuring wheel
- Comes with wrist protection
- Built-in kickstand supports the wheel
- Strong and durable
- Comfortable pistol grip
- High traction PU tire
- It doesn’t measure in meters
|Product Dimensions/Weight||13 x 7 x 45 inches/4 pounds|
4. Scuddles 4-Inch Measuring Wheel
(Best on All Surfaces)
If you are a civil engineer, your job might involve taking measurements of various surfaces, including concrete, grass, gravel, etc. So, you need to have a measuring wheel that provides accurate results for any surface you deal with. And that’s what the Scuddles measuring wheel has to offer you.
With a feet capacity of 10,000, it features a wheel of a 4-inch diameter that enables accurate measurement. It comes with an easy to read display and quick reset latch. You don’t have to think twice before using it over any surface; even if you roll it over rocks, it won’t break easily.
- It is ideal for measuring the boundary lines
- It comes with a 25-foot measuring tape
- Equipped with thick rubber wheels
- Adjustable twist and lock handle
- Light-weight and portable
- Cordless operation
|Product Dimensions/Weight||17.2 x 4.5 x 4.1 inches/1.85 pounds|
5. Rolatape RT204 Measuring Wheel
(Best for Cross Country)
While it comes to measuring cross country race terrains, the numbers need to be very accurate. Not getting the right measurement is like cheating at the game. So, you should be very selective when it comes to getting a measurement wheel for cross country locales.
However, one such amazing 4-inch measurement wheel that provides accurate results is the one introduced by Rolatape. Manufactured using ABS plastic, it’s very lightweight yet durable. Its rubber grip allows maximum comfort to the user while measuring the ground.
Not merely that, the rubber modeled dual wide precision wheels ensure stability over hard as well as smooth surfaces. So, the next time you require a measuring wheel, you can rely on this device by Rolatape.
- The collapsible aluminum handle allows easy storage
- Dual wide precision wheels for maximum stability
- Ideal for hard as well as smooth surfaces
- Light-weighted and easy to use
- Durable and comfortable to hold
- Rubber wheels last longer
- Tall people might face inconvenience while using the wheel
|Product Dimensions/Weight||4.5 x 6.3 x 17.8 inches/1.55 pounds|
6. Stanley DMW40 Measuring Wheel
Does your habit of forgetting everything land you in the path of trouble? With digital dials, missing numbers is a story of the past. The digital measuring wheel by Stanley comes with a reliable digital dial that ensures that you do not miss out on your measurements at any time.
The measuring wheel ensures reliability and ease of use while remembering the numbers for you to ensure you excel at terrain measurement. Capable of measuring in either direction, this wheel can automatically convert the result to a unit of your choice.
The metal folding handle allows heavy-duty usage, and the rubber grip makes your whole experience of measurement a tad bit more comfortable. I bet that you’re not going to regret placing your trust over this product.
- Allows bi-directional measurement
- Capable of storing up to eight measurements
- Comes with manual or auto-off
- Convert the units automatically
- Fitted with rubber handle for good grip
- Durable and lightweight
- Doesn’t include a carry bag
|Product Dimensions/Weight||21.46 x 10.24 x 5.28 inches/4.46 pounds|
7. TR Industrial 12-Inch Measuring Wheel
(Best Stainless Steel)
While taking outdoor measurements, one common problem that people face is the fact that their measuring wheel breaks easily when used in harsh conditions. Quantifying the numbers for rough surfaces can be a daunting task. Acknowledging such problems, TR Industrial has introduced a measuring wheel into the market that has a stainless-steel frame.
While it surely works fashionably well on various surfaces, it also takes measures of up to 9,999 feet. Additionally, the folded stand feature allows one to store it easily in a small space. The ergonomic handle allows a better grip for long-duration usage.
- Fitted with a reset push button
- It is equipped with a kickstand
- It comes with a slick TR industrial bag for easy storage
- Strong and durable
- Reliable and accurate
- Ergonomic grip on the handle
- Not stable in certain terrains
|Product Dimensions/Weight||22 x 13 x 6 inches/3.44 pounds|
Whether you’re a landscaper, estimator, contractor, engineer, or paving contractor, all your measuring needs will be taken care of by this measuring wheel by TR Industrial. Check out this video to know more:
8. Komelon 6-Inch Measuring Wheel
(Best With Paint Marker)
Architects need to measure as well as mark to get the job done just perfectly. As professionals are experimenting day in and out to make the task easier for their customers, now they’ve developed the idea of an attached marker with the measuring wheel.
If you’re searching for a product like this, take a look at the measuring wheel introduced by Komelon. As stability is the most important aspect when it comes to measurement, this device flaunts a diameter of 6-inch to ensure extra stability.
The best part is, it has an aerosol can storage space that you can use to mark the ground, making the marking easier. So, whenever you need a measurement wheel as well as a marker, you can blindly place an order for Komelon’s measuring wheel.
- Provides measurement up to 5-digit
- It is equipped with dual-wheel for maximum stability
- It is the best device for athletic and recreation departments
- Compact size allows easy storage
- Easy to use
- High accuracy
- The paint can isn’t included
|Product Dimensions/Weight||36 x 9.5 x 5.5 inches/3.5 pounds|
9. AdirPro 12-Inch Measuring Wheel
(Best With Digital Display)
Today’s measuring wheels are very different from traditional surveyor wheels. A lot more features have been added to the product since it had been invented. One such feature is a digital LCD display. You can find this feature in the measuring wheel introduced by AdirPro.
For extended life, the entire structure has been made water-proof and sturdy. It measures in meters and feet of up to 9,999, which can be calculated in a series. Its multiple surface application makes it even better. Equipped with two triple-A batteries, it can be used without the cord for 30 hours.
- Can memorize up to five measurements
- Auto shut-off features for extended battery life
- Fitted with a digital LCD
- Dust-proof and water-proof
- Ergonomic, portable and light-weight
- It has a backlight for a better visual
- The handle might not lock firmly
|Product Dimensions/Weight||28.5 x 3.0 x 12.75 inches/3 pounds|
The features provided by this amazing measuring wheel by AdiPro will leave you awestruck. Here’s a video giving out some important details about the product:
10. Keson RRT12 Measuring Wheel
(Best With Handle Reset)
If you are someone who needs to calculate the distance in series and you are out of storage, the Keson’s Handle Reset measuring wheel is ideal. With the reset option, you can fix any abrupt errors in your work and start afresh.
Not only that, but this sizing wheel also comes with an enhanced and comfortable pistol grip. The main focus has been put on comfort and control. But the handle reset button remains the best part as it doesn’t require you to bend over and strain your back for a simple system reset.
- Comes with reset as well as brake button
- Foldable handle allows easy storage
- Fitted with a gear-driven counter
- Enhanced grip
- Comfortable to use
- Provides better maneuverability and control
- Measures only in feet
|Product Dimensions/Weight||21 x 14 x 8 inches/4.8 pounds|
Don’t you think this would be the best gift for your colleague who goes through frequent back strains? If you are still not satisfied with the product, check this video out, which provides valuable information:
11. Calculated Industries 6540 Measuring Wheel
(Best With Brake)
Most of the time, people end up getting an inaccurate measurement just because their measuring wheel lacks a brake option. You will always be inaccurate by an inch or two. Keeping this in mind, professionals at Calculated Industries have designed a measurement wheel fitted with a hand brake.
The hand brake allows you to stop counting instantly and provides you with a precise measurement. Not just that, the pistol handle also consists of a reset button so that you don’t end up breaking the system while trying to reset it using your legs. The wheel is 12.5-inch wide, allowing heavy-duty and accurate measurement of both rough as well as smooth terrain.
- Can be easily stored due to collapsible handle
- Fitted with gear-driven and sealed transmission
- LCD display for easy readability
- The wheel is supported by the handy kickstand
- Reliable and accurate results
- Easy portability and storage
- Some packages might not include a bag
|Product Dimensions/Weight||38 x 13 x 5 inches/5.2 pounds|
With this measuring wheel by Calculated Industries, one can measure both indoor as well as outdoor surfaces and can rely on the result. Check out the video to get an insight into the product:
12. Milwaukee 12-Inch Measuring Wheel
Recently, Milwaukee has expanded its product domain by offering measurement wheels. And, this is the best product introduced by Milwaukee so far. If you’re looking for something durable and long-lasting, it’s strongly recommended that you use this 12-inch measuring wheel by Milwaukee.
Designed to withstand harsh conditions, this measuring wheel will never leave your side even in the toughest of conditions. Fitted with a wheel Flap debris-cleaning, it doesn’t allow the accumulation of grime and dirt. It throws away the contaminants while rolling and makes the wheel jam-free.
- Comes with folding joints and sturdy aluminum frames
- Foldable points allow easy storage and transportation
- Doesn’t allows built-up of contaminants
- Can work in the toughest of situations
- Durable and easy to use
- Ensures jam-free wheel
- Doesn’t include a carry bag
|Product Dimensions/Weight||23 x 6.5 x 12.5 inches/4 pounds|
Now with Milwaukee’s measuring wheel, you can work in difficult conditions in a glitch-free manner. Here’s a video providing a detailed analysis of the product:
13. Keson MP401E Measuring Wheel
If you wish to have a measuring wheel that allows you to have superior control over it, there’s no better option than Keson’s measuring wheel. The MP501E is the only electronic wheel with a steel frame. The “thumbs-up” grip makes sure you experience less strain on your wrist as well as provides superior control.
Also, to keep away dirt and dust while providing enhanced visibility, the counter is sealed. If you’re not good with numbers, it will also do the calculation for you. Not just that, it can also store up to 8 readings. The best part is, even during harshest conditions, this measuring wheel will live up to your expectations without abruptly breaking down.
- Swan-neck handle reduces wrist strain
- Measures in feet, inches, meters, decimeters, continuous inches
- Stores up to 8 readings
- Provides superior control
- Comes with enhanced visibility
- Sturdiest measuring wheel
A little heavier
|Wheel Size||15.5 inch|
|Product Dimensions/Weight||15.9 x 9.7 x 22 inches/8.4 pounds|
Now with this electronic measuring wheel by Keson, you can get accurate results and have maximum control over it. Check out the video to know how it works:
14. DuraWheel DW-500 Measuring Wheel
If you’re seeking an efficient and reliable measuring wheel for long-distance, then you definitely wouldn’t want to miss this measuring wheel by DuraWheel. It is suitable for long-distance measurements even over uneven surfaces. It offers you a comfortable measuring experience with its pistol grip.
To ensure smooth operation and extended life of the wheel, it has been equipped with a belt-driven counter. The aluminum handle makes the wheel lightweight and strong at the same time. Apart from that, it can also convert the measurements to eight different scales.
The sizing device can be easily stored and carried due to a foldable wheel. If you ever face any manufacturer’s defects, don’t panic as DuraWheel provides lifetime warranty. What could you possibly ask more?
- Longer life is ensured by belt-driven counter
- Subtract numbers by rolling the wheel backward
- Belts come with a lifetime warranty
- Ergonomic design provides comfort
- Measures up to 9,999 feet
- Tri-Fold handle
- No backlight, no memory storage
|Product Dimensions/Weight||6.5 x 4.75 x 17.75 inches/2.66 pounds|
15. Lufkin PSMW48CL Measuring Wheel
Are you a professional, looking for an ideal measuring wheel? If yes, then check out this device introduced by Lufkin, which is fitted with a centerline wheel that ensures accurate measurement and increased balance. Unlike the belt counter, gear-driven measurement provides a precise output.
Be it any corner of your house, this device can fit just perfectly because of its bolstered foldable joint. The wheel wiper allows heavy-duty usage by preventing the build-up of debris accumulation. You also get an enhanced view of the terrain because of the glare-resistant counter.
No matter whether you want to measure a small area or acres of land, it can do all with ease. It comes with an ergonomic pistol grip handle, which makes its maneuverability easy. The built-in kickstand supports its wheel.
- Centerline wheel provides increased balance
- Rubber tire for superb traction
- Bolstered folding of the joint ensures long life
- Gear-driven counter
- Anti-break joint
- Glare-resistant counter for usage during daylight
- Can’t measure in meters
|Product Dimensions/Weight||19.8 x 7.1 x 12.8 inches/3 pounds|
The benefits provided by Lufkin’s measuring wheel will be ideal to fulfill all your professional needs. Here’s a video that shows its functionalities:
Things To Consider When Buying The Best Measuring Wheel
With countless numbers of surveyor wheels available in the market, picking the right one is not an easy task. So, here I am going to tell you the things you should consider when purchasing the best measuring wheel.
Size Of The Wheel
The first and most basic attribute that you need to note down about a measuring wheel is its size. The wheels of the surveyor wheel come in different sizes, ranging from 2.2 inches to 15.5 inches. For indoor purposes, small and compact wheels are the better options, but if you are going to use it outdoors, preferring the bigger ones is the ideal option as they work fantastically on uneven surfaces.
The frame of the measuring wheel is either made up of plastic or metal. While the plastic ones cost less than metallic ones, they are not relatively less durable.
Hence, if you’re looking ahead of using the wheel in your domestic property like gardens and lawns, the plastic wheels are optimum. But if you are buying a measuring wheel for industrial purposes, such as utilizing it in the construction sites, then a sturdy metallic wheel can be ideal in that context.
Ignoring the measuring units at the time of purchasing the measuring wheel will be foolish. If you are familiar with the product, you are most probably aware of the fact that most of the measuring wheels are evaluated in inches or feet. But some measuring wheels allow you to measure in meters and decimeters, tenths, or feet. So, depending on your scaling requirements, pick the most suitable one.
The next essential attribute that you need to mull over when buying a measuring wheel is the feature of the trigger brake.
If your desired measuring wheel does not encompass a precise trigger brake, the chances of the device providing wrong measurements are quite high. However, with the help of the trigger brake, you will be able to halt its spinning anytime by pulling the trigger, resulting in the accurate measurements.
Without a proper kickstand, operating the wheel becomes much easier, especially when you have to write the measurements simultaneously. With it, you can easily pick up the wheels without even the need for bending down. It also assists in securing the wheels from falling again and again. So, before you buy a measuring wheel, decide whether you want a surveyor wheel with or without a kickstand.
Deciding on what is the best measuring wheel can be a bit confusing. So, here are some of the most frequently asked questions by potential customers planning to buy a measuring wheel.
The Bottom Line
I hope that this article has helped you to choose the best measuring wheel that can meet your needs efficiently. However, I liked the Zozen 12-inch Measuring Wheel the most.
This measuring wheel is made up of a durable ABS Plastic and can measure distance up to 9,999 feet easily. What makes this product stand out from the crowd is its versatility. It is ideal for indoor as well as outdoor purposes. If you have any queries, feel free to ask. I’ll love to answer your queries. All the best!