A paper cutter is an equipment that you find mostly in offices or lecture rooms used to slice a large number of paper sheets at once with its edge, which is a straight one. They come in different sizes with about thirty centimetres in length on both sides for office work and 841 millimetres for design workshops.
The surface of the paper cutter usually has a grid written or painted on it and can have a ruler on top of it. It should also consist of a flat edge that users can place papers in the right angle before sending them to the blade.
It is always lots of work having to trim and cut papers with an incompatible paper trimmer because it will not get the accuracy that you require and will waste time and efforts allocated to finish the task. You can use the paper cutter to manufacture scrapbooks, cards and many other things.
With the availability of several paper cutters on the market, it is a difficult task for users to know the best paper cutter and trimmer for projects. However, the below guide will put you through and help you make the right decision for your projects.
Table of Contents
Paper Cutter and Trimmer Comparison Chart 2021
|Jielisi 12 inch Paper Trimmer - Best for Professionals||15.8 x 1.2 x 5.1 inches||8.5 ounces||Plastic|
|Swingline Paper Trimmer - Best for Beginners||14 x 17.6 x 2.6 inches||2.3 pounds||Metal, plastic|
|Marigold Paper Guillotine - Fastest Paper Cutter||15 x 3 x 13 inches||2 pounds||Metal, plastic|
|Fiskars 01-005452 Recycled Bypass Trimmer - Most Reliable Paper Cutter||14.1 x 20.1 x 2.6 inches||2.5 pounds||Metal, plastic|
|X-ACTO Heavy Duty Wood Guillotine Trimmer - Great for Offices||22.5 x 17 x 5.2 inches||1 pound||Natural|
|Fiskars SureCut Portable Trimmer with Recycled Cutline - Best for Small Projects||1.4 x 16.5 x 16.5 inches||13.1 ounces||Titanium|
|Westcott TrimAir Titanium Wood Paper Trimmer - Best Heavy-Duty Paper Cutters||22.4 x 3.4 x 14.1 inches||5.78 pounds||Plastic|
|Firbon A4 Paper Cutter 12 Inch Titanium Paper Trimmer - Most Economical Paper Cutters||15 x 5.7 x 0.8 inches||11.2 ounces||Titanium|
|Westcott 12"Multi-Purpose Personal Trimmer - Best for Photo Cutting||17.6 x 6.4 x 1.2 inches||7 ounces||Plastic|
|Jielisi disk cutter 12-inch Guillotine - Best for Advanced Projects||15 x 5.9 x 1.2 inches||9.9 ounces||Metal, plastic|
|Firbon A4 Paper Cutter Portable Guillotine Paper Trimmer - Great for a Large Number of Paper Sizes||15 x 0.8 x 5.1 inches||8.8 ounces||Plastic, Alloy|
|Swingline Paper Trimmer, Guillotine Paper Cutter - Best Guillotine Paper Cutter||20.8 x 14.2 x 3.8 inches||0.96 ounces||Maple Steel|
What Is The Best Paper Cutter and Trimmer?
Now you understand the power of having the best paper cutter and trimmer for your projects. The review below shows different types of the best paper cutter and trimmers and gives a great insight into the trimmers and cutters that you should understand before you purchase one.
- Top 15 Best Tire Pressure Gauges To Buy in 2021
- Top 12 Best LED Work Lights For The Money 2021
- Top 15 Best Drill Bits On The Market 2021
- Top 12 Best Whole House Water Filter Reviews in 2021
- Top 15 Best Work Gloves To Buy in 2021
- Top 12 Best Keyless Door Lock Reviews in 2021
- Top 12 Best Wood Routers To Buy in 2021
- Top 15 Best Random Orbital Sanders To Buy in 2021
- Best for Professionals: Jielisi 12 inch Paper Trimmer
“It is light in weight and has twelve inches design, very sharp and accurate.”
- Best for Beginners: Swing line Paper Trimmer
“It is a twelve-inch guillotine trimmer, very accurate with classic designs.”
- Fastest Paper Cutter: Marigold Paper Guillotine
“Accurate has an alignment grid and inches measurements.”
- Most Reliable Paper Cutter: Fiskars 01-005452 Recycled Bypass Trimmer
“It’s the blade is self-sharpening, perfect for heavy projects and durable.”
- Great for Offices: X-ACTO Heavy Duty Wood Guillotine Trimmer
“It has a sturdy wood build, and offers great stability and accuracy.”
- Best for Small Projects: Fiskars SureCut Portable Trimmer with Recycled Cutline
“Easy to use, portable design, and best for little projects.”
- Best Heavy-Duty Paper Cutters: Westcott TrimAir Titanium Wood Paper Trimmer
“It has a very dependable plastic design, and has a sharp blade.”
- Most Economical Paper Cutters: Firbon A4 Paper Cutter
“Very accurate, easy to use, and good for small projects.”
- Best for Photo Cutting: Westcott 12″Multi-Purpose Personal Trimmer
“Very easy to use, lightweight with great measurements set.”
- Best for Advanced Projects: Jielisi Disk Cutter 12-inch Guillotine
“Portable build, plastic surface and provides an accurate cut.”
- Great for a Large Number of Paper Sizes: Firbon A4 Paper Cutter Portable Guillotine Paper Trimmer
“Has an invisible surface, and offers great accuracy.”
- Best Guillotine Paper Cutter: Swing line Paper Trimmer, Guillotine Paper Cutter
“Its blades are self-sharpening, great for heavy projects, and provides outstanding quality.”
Top 12 Best Paper Cutter and Trimmer Reviews in 2021
Utilising the wrong equipment to cut papers can be a worrisome task, it could be a card, letter or one photo, and the right tool will make the task an easy and effortless one. But the problem is there are lots of cutters on the market, and they all do not possess the same qualities.
Now that you know the factors to watch out for whenever you want to buy any paper cutter and trimmer, below are my few best paper cutters and trimmers:
1. Jielisi 12 inch Paper Trimmer
(Best for Professionals)
It has an excellent design with high-quality effectiveness. You can use this tool to cut different types of papers with the right type of accuracy required.
Its light tool enhances its portability which makes carrying the tool from one place to another a straightforward task. A critical aspect of the tool is that it can cut about twelve sheets of paper at once.
It comes with an outstanding ruler and guides that help for office applications. Its great sliding guillotine is equally productive with its track system, which enhances the accuracy of each cut, it does not matter which material you decide to cut, and this tool will give you accuracy.
- Very light and has a twelve inches design
- Sharp guillotine blade
- Track System which improves accuracy
- Brand – Jielisi
- Model number – 908
- Weight – 8.5 ounces
- It has a beautiful design
- It provides accuracy while cutting
- It has a top-quality titanium blade for cutting
- The grid for measurement base on centimetres and not the usual inches
- It does not come with instruction on how to replace its blade
Watch the video introduction and how to use the Jielisi 12 inch Paper Trimmer here:
2. Swing line Paper Trimmer
(Best for Beginners)
It is a potent and accurate tool, and it provides an impeccable and clean cut with excellent performance. The tool can also cut lots of papers at once, and you can utilise it anywhere because it is safe and takes minimal space, unlike others.
One crucial attribute of this tool is its design with its ability to fix into several environments. The tool has an outstanding look which makes it fit into even picturesque locations with its design.
It also consists of a top-notch steel blade which makes the tool cut with accuracy and precision. You can use it to cut documents sheets or photographs with about ten sheets of paper.
It includes a latch hook and a protective rail for the blade, and you can avoid injuries and cuts that can destroy the project or even your hand.
- Sharp and sturdy blade
- Swift and accurate cuts
- Made of a lightweight plastic material
- Brand – ACCO Brands
- Model number – 9312A
- Weight – 2.3 pounds
- It is perfect for accurate cuts
- It is straightforward to use
- It comes with its safety lock
- Lining the blade up for cutting can take some time
- The blade can cause injuries if not used properly
Watch the video review of the Swing line Paper Trimmer here:
3. Marigold Paper Guillotine
(Fastest Paper Cutter)
The tool at twelve inches is perfect for an extensive collection of apps, and it will serve all of your needs. It can also cut about ten or twenty pounds of paper with the right accuracy at once, which will save lots of time.
It also has a grid with inches and metric measurements to enable users to cut without cutting the paper wrongly. The blade has twelve inches which makes it very effective, and its edge enhances smoothness for an easy and fast cutting encounter.
It can also cut papers of several sizes and thickness with precision. You will also find a magnetic lock beneath, and it helps with the precision and accuracy and can cut over two hundred papers without any unnecessary paper movement and cuts accurately.
Key Key Features:
- Accurate and fast cutting experience
- Great inches and metric measurements
- Top-notch metal base plate
- Brand – Marigold
- Model number – GL410
- Weight – 2 pounds
- It is lightweight and has a long-lasting design
- It provides accuracy
- One of the best for both small and large projects
- It does not come with an armlock
- There have been several complains of dull blade problems
Learn how to use the Marigold Paper Guillotine here:
4. Fiskars 01-005452 Recycled Bypass Trimmer
(Most Reliable Paper Cutter)
It comes with blades that sharpen itself, and it is also very light and has small designs. You do not need to replace blades with this tool because they are very effective and as well sharpen themselves.
It has a long-lasting build and very reliable as well as avoid injuries when you use the non-skid which provides safety. It comes with an arm lock and an alignment grid for precise cuts.
It has a very comfortable design and portable for easy transportation. It also has a plastic handle which makes it very smooth and comfortable to utilise for your projects. It also comes at an affordable price.
- Recycled resin made
- Comfortable design
- The best self-sharpening blades
- Brand – Cell Distributors
- Model number – 01-005452
- Weight – 2.5 pounds
- It comes with its safety lock to prevent injuries
- Accurate measurement and cuts
- It is light in weight and very easy to use
- Lining up the paper can be a difficult task
- It is only for light-duty projects
Watch the video to learn Fiskars 01-005452 Recycled Bypass Trimmer basic concepts here:
5. X-ACTO Guillotine Trimmer
(Great for Offices)
It has an amazing look with its wood construction, and it is also a very reliable choice. The wood build is the best for large project cutting executions and has one of the best blades you can ever find in paper cutters, and it can cut about fifteen sheets of paper at once.
Its solid build also enhances its stability, adding the rubber feet will also give good results. Its blade also sharpens itself, which is a great edge above others on the market.
- Great wood design
- Self-sharpening everlasting blade
- Convenient rubber handle grip
- Brand – X-Acto
- Model number – 26315
- Weight – 1 pound
- It can cut about twenty sheets at once
- It has a long-lasting wood design
- It is straightforward to use and accurate
- It is slightly heavy
See a video explanation of the X-ACTO Guillotine Trimmer here:
6. Fiskars SureCut Trimmer
(Best for Small Projects)
It has an extensive collection of apps, very easy to cut and offers accurate cutting results that you require for your project. It is the best paper cutter for offices because it is accessible to keep and also take from one place to another without problems.
It may not be the best for large projects but functions best for small projects like cards, photos and so on. Its track system enhances the accuracy and also secures the project when necessary as well as to measure your cuts before execution.
- Ergonomic handle, rubber feet
- Very effective and long-lasting blade
- Very portable design
- Brand – Fiskars
- Model number – 01-005454
- Weight – 13.1 ounces
- It is light in weight with a portable design
- It cuts accurately
- It has a very sharp and easy to use the blade
- It can only cut one cardstock page
- It is hard to make an accurate measurement
- It is not good for large projects
Watch Fiskars SureCut Trimmer review video here:
7. Westcott TrimAir Paper Trimmer
(Best Heavy-Duty Paper Cutters)
It has one of the best design, great build, and outstanding cutting power, and it is one you should watch out for because it makes cutting papers simple which can be hard to find on several others on the market. It also has one of the best blade technology that enhances its effectiveness and sharpness.
It can also cut more than twenty sheets of paper at once easily because its blade has enormous strength. Its wood base and the plastic it contains provides great convenience and also ensures accuracy and portability.
- It has a plastic design and a very reliable natural wood
- Ergonomic handle
- It has measurements with size marks and a sharp blade
- Brand – Westcott
- Model number – 15106
- Weight – 5.78 pounds
- Very easy to use
- It performs accurate cuts
- It offers protection
- It is expensive to maintain
- It is hard to use for beginners
See practical explanation of Westcott TrimAir Paper Trimmer here:
8. Firbon A4 Titanium Paper Trimmer
(Most Economical Paper Cutters)
One of the most reliable and inexpensive on the list, it is small, transportable and comfortable to use with outstanding results. It is very accurate and can cut in various angles with ease.
Its inches and metric also enhance the cuts easily and also has a plastic surface for visibility to reduce mistakes.
- Accurate cutting with a great track system
- It is great for small projects
- Rubber feet and black cushion for stable performances
- Brand – Firbon
- Model number – Firbon0121
- Weight – 11.2 ounces
- Accurate in measurement
- Portable and light in weight
- It is straightforward to use for newbies
- It cannot cut lots of pages at once
- There have been several complains about its measurement arm
Watch the video tutorial of the Firbon A4 Titanium Paper Trimmer here:
9. Westcott 12″Multi-Purpose Personal Trimmer
(Best for Photo Cutting)
It is a multiple purpose trimmer made by Westcott, and it is the most versatile comfortable paper cutter that you should have. It has one of the best cutting blades and a great set of safety precautions which enhances its effectiveness and conformability.
It can cut various types of paper with accuracy, which reduces mistakes generally. It is light in weight and well-built to function for years with one of the best measurement squares that also gives better comfort.
- It has a wooden base
- Its blade sharpens itself
- Its ruler is a double scale ruler
- Brand – Westcott
- Model number – 15804
- Weight – 7 ounces
- It provides accurate and excellent performance
- It is light in weight with a long-lasting design
- It can cut ten sheets of paper at a time
- The blade is not very sharp
- The plastic in the middle can bend anytime
Learn how to use the Westcott 12 Multi-Purpose, Personal Trimmer, here:
10. Jielisi Disk Cutter 12-inch Guillotine
(Best for Advanced Projects)
It is light in weight and very effective for users with its outstanding design that can slice various sheets of papers easily with its titanium blade. It has great angles and measurements for cutting a large amount of paper sheet easily.
It offers great accuracy with its scale ruler and alignment grid and also a track system that interlocks its blade for straight and accurate cuts. It also comes with its safety measures which include pressing the case for protection before the tool can slide.
- Small design and safe cutting
- Great measurements set
- It has a steady paper placement
- Brand – YOFAPA
- Model number – Paper trmer-BK
- Weight – 9.9 ounces
- Very easy to use and comes with its safety measures
- It has a very light design
- It is swift
- It can snag sometimes
- It does not have a sliding ruler
Watch the Jielisi Disk Cutter 12-inch Guillotine review here:
11. Firbon A4 Paper Cutter Portable Guillotine Paper Trimmer
(Great for a Large Number of Paper Sizes)
It is very light, easy to use, and very comfortable and great for collections of different paper sizes. It can cut lots of papers at once with accuracy and enhanced performance.
It also has a track system that interlocks the rail and blade to provide outstanding outputs. It also comes with several measures for security to safeguard the hands from injuries while cutting or trimming papers.
- Light in weight and portable
- Outstanding inches, metric and angle
- Back cushion and track system
- Brand – Firbon
- Model number – AM1180605
- Weight – 8.8 ounces
- It is one of the best for small projects
- It comes with its safety measures
- It has a very light design
- The cuts are often always straight
- The blade can become dull quickly
Watch the Firbon A4 Paper Cutter, guillotine trimmer video explanation here:
12. Swingline Paper Trimmer, Guillotine Paper Cutter
(Best Guillotine Paper Cutter)
The trimmer can cut about fifteen papers at a time, and it is a long-lasting device with a strong metal arm for cutting and provides amazing comfort. It is one of the best for large projects.
It offers excellent stability and has measurement sets that improve its effectiveness and accuracy of cuts. Its blade also sharpens itself regularly, which makes it one of the best on the market.
- It has a wooden base with a strong iron arm
- Great for heavy projects
- Self-sharpening blade
- Brand – Swingline
- Model number – 1132
- Weight – 0.96 ounces
- Its cuttings are always very accurate
- It is long-lasting and can serve for more than ten years
- Its blade is very sharp
- It can be hard to utilise for newbies
Watch Swingline Paper Trimmer, Guillotine Paper Cutter review video here:
Factors To Consider When Purchasing The Best Paper Cutter and Trimmer
Before you purchase a paper cutter and trimmer, there are certain decisions that you need to make which will help you make the right choice like knowing what you want to use the tool for among your decisions. Because there are lots of paper cutters on the market, here are a few things that you should consider before making a payment for one.
Purpose Of Purchasing The Cutter
It is important to know what you want to use the cutter for because there are lots of actions that the cutter can perform. If you’re the mission is card reproduction, then you should choose the best cutter and trimmer for cards.
Also, you should select a cutter with heavy-duty if you want to use the cutter for commercial purposes.
Paper Sizes To Cut
You can use the tool for several purposes which include arts, craft, and office papers and so on. So, whenever you need to purchase one, you should have thoughts about the amount of paper that you will cut at once.
If you go for a small trimmer, it will minimise you to a certain number of sheets that you can cut at once while a big trimmer can slice about fifty sheets at a time. However, instead of buying a trimmer, it is advisable to purchase a complete paper cutter that you can use to cut lots of sheet at a time.
You should also watch out for the blade because a sharp blade ensures the efficiency of the machine while a dull blade will cause lots of problems to the papers. If you want to cut lots of sheet at once accurately, you should select a cutter with an excellent blade.
Scales And Measurements
You can select the right cutter for your project by considering the cutter’s inches, angle and metric measurements, including the size of the paper, and so on. Choose cutters that offer various angles, paper sizes, and a metric with inches ruler or scale.
You will find some cutters with locked-in or adjustable ruler, which is very important. You will mostly find the ruler in small design so that you can cut the big pieces.
There are lots of safety attributes that a good paper cutter provides, from a see-through surface that offers visibility whenever the cutting action takes place. You should choose a tool that has great measures for safety because it will make the cutting safe and also very accurate.
It is important to select the safety cutter to avoid injuries, safety measures that you should look out for include rubber feet, finger guard, and protective lock, and so on.
To the newbies in the paper cutting world, I recommend Swing Line Paper Trimmer for your cutting exercises. It is a twelve-inch guillotine trimmer, very accurate with outstanding design.
But for advanced exercises, I would recommend Jielisi Disk Cutter 12-inch Guillotine. It has a portable build, plastic surface that let users see what they cut and provides an accurate cut.
To enjoy the act of paper cutting and trimming, then you should make the right selection of the paper cutter and trimmer that is durable and sturdy. All of the above products have interesting attributes to make the project faster, convenient, and outstanding.