A drawing tablet is an input mechanism that gives users the ability to use the hand to draw animations, graphics, and images with a unique pen-like stylus, which is very almost identical to drawing images with pencils. It can also hold signatures written with a pencil as well as holding data.
The drawing tablet can track images from taped papers or secure the surface of the tablet as an alternative. The process of catching data through tracking or getting into shape or polylines corners is digitizing.
The machines have a flat surface that the user can perform drawings on or track a picture with the integrated stylus, which is a tool for pen-like drawings. However, the tablet is just a tool for some, while others use it for professional projects.
With the collection of available tablets, it is tough for artists to decide and select the best tablet for their projects. Therefore, the below guide will keep you informed and help you select the best choice for your projects.
Factors to Consider Before Purchasing the Drawing Tablet
Working surface: One of the essential factors to check out is the working area of the tablet and essential because it will display your artwork on the screen. Naturally, artists like to work on a big screen, but not all of them, some enjoy the flexibility that you can find only on small size tablets.
- Top 15 Best Colored Pencils for Professional Artists in 2020
- The 12 Best Rotary Tool Reviews and Buying Guide
- Top 10 Best Bagged Vacuum Cleaners Reviews 2020
- Top 15 Best Wire Stripper To Buy 2020
- Top 5 Best Architecture Portfolio Examples
- Top 15 Best Belt Sanders To Buy 2020
- Top 20 Best High-Quality Bookshelves in 2020
- Top 11 Best Photo Scanner To Buy 2020
Although you can also find mid-size tablets that might be able to satisfy your needs, so now it boils down to what you want. You only need to understand your concept of working, and then you can easily make the right choice for your projects.
Pen: Another major factor to consider for every artist is the pen, and it is the most important part of the whole process, it ensures that users perform exceptionally well, and also enhance the overall work productivity. You should check the pen carefully and ensure that it is easy to draw with, it gives comfort while sketching and so on.
Size: The size is also significant because of your work's illustration. If it requires fine detail, then you should choose a big tablet because it will help you with such projects. For such projects, the screen with sizes from four to six should be appropriate.
Connectivity: Ensure that you select tablets that can connect to your system quickly. Lots of modern systems can connect with HDMI, camera, or the universal serial bus.
Accessories: Watch out for the tablet's stylus, check if it is a good one, examine its weight and size, as well as the drivers and software’s compatibility. Watch out for everything.
Price: Generally, the tablet's performance usually bases on its price. Although affordable tablets saturate the market, they are mostly for students. So you should perform an extensive search and watch out for their prices, but you should have a reasonable budget.
What are The Best Drawing Tablet to Buy?
Beginners in the drawing world require top quality and outstanding drawing tablet for projects. So if you are an expert or beginner, the review below illustrates several types of the best drawing tablets and provides a comprehensive insight about the tablets that you should know before you buy one.
- Best for Beginners: Wacom Intous Drawing Tablet
"Easy to set up and use for both hands, compact size art, and slim design."
- Best Economical Drawing Tablet: Huion H610 Pro V2
"Easy to connect to phone, right cursor positioning with various angles, and battery-free Stylus."
- Best Screen: Wacom DTH1320AK0 Cintiq Pro 13
"Outstanding resolution and clarity, easy to connect to computers, and 1 touch shortcuts for speed."
- Best HD Drawing Tablet: Yiynova MVP22U
"Pen and finger dual-touch improves finger touch accuracy and minimizes collision from palm-touch rubber."
- Great for Graphic Designers: Apple Ipad Pro
"Easy to use, facial for authentication, and can give up to 10 hours of battery power."
- Best for Professionals: Microsoft surface book 2
"Very fast, easy to use, and wonderful graphics with a great surface that adjusts to different styles."
- Perfect for Simple Projects: Samsung Galaxy Tab A with S Pen
"Easy to use, expandable memory, and easily build custom animated GIFs."
- Best for Artists: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga 4TH GEN
"Fingerprint reader, backlit Keyboard, glossy, and multi-touch display."
- Most Comfortable Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro 4
"Very easy to use, high contrast, lightweight, and exceptional performance."
- Best for Advanced Drawers: Huion Kamvas GT-191
"Gives fast recognition and excellent display effect on projects, ergonomic design, and lightweight."
- Perfect for Advanced Projects: XP-PEN Artist12
"Sleek design, offers technical sense, great efficiency, with a convenient grip."
- Best for Animators: Simbans PicassoTab
"Connects easily to phones, enhances the fun with clear colors from various angles, and has outstanding sound quality."
The Comparison Chart 2020
|Wacom Intous Draw - Best for Beginners||7 inches||7.9 x 6.3 x 0.3 inches||8.2 ounces|
|Huion H610 Pro V2 - Best Economical Drawing Tablet||10 x 6.25 'inches.||13.9 x 9.6 x 0.6 inches||1.35 pounds|
|Wacom DTH1320AK0 Cintiq Pro 13 - Best Screen||13 inches||14.2 x 9.2 x 0.6 inches||2.43 pounds|
|Yiynova MVP22U - Best HD Drawing Tablet||476 x 268 mm||17.9 x 1 x 14.2 inches||13.23 pounds|
|Apple Ipad Pro - Great for Graphic Designers||12.9 inch||9.74 x 7.02x 0.23 inch||1.03 pounds|
|Microsoft surface book 2 - Best for Professionals||15 inches||13.5 x 9.9 x 1.5 inches||4.2 pounds|
|Samsung Galaxy Tab A with S Pen - Perfect for Simple Projects||10.1 inches||0.3 x 6.5 x 10 inches||1.23 pounds|
|Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga 4TH GEN - Best for Artists||14 inches||12 x 8.5 x 0.6 inches||3.24 pounds|
|Microsoft Surface Pro 4 - Most Comfortable Tablet||12.3 inches||15.2 x 9.2 x 1.6 inches||1.7 pounds|
|Huion Kamvas GT-191 - Best for Advanced Drawers||19.5 inches||18.7 x 11.7 x 1.4 inches||13.05 pounds|
|XP-PEN Artist12 - Perfect for Advanced Projects||11.6 Inch||14.3 x 8.6 x 0.3 inches||2 pounds|
|Simbans PicassoTab - Best for Animators||10.1 inches||13.9 x 7.9 x 1.9 inches||2.91 pounds|
Best Drawing Tablet Reviews 2020
Although there are lots of available drawing tablets nowadays, yet as a beginner, it can be a complicated task to decide which will be the best for your methods and projects. You can find the tablet in several types of sizes and shapes with various attributes and abilities.
That can make selecting the right one more worrisome. If you are having trouble determining the right drawing tablet for your projects and methods, below is my selection of the best 12 drawing tablets:
Wacom Intous Drawing Tablet
(Best for Beginners)
A notable name in the tablets for drawing world, known for its outstanding user interface and experience with its products. The tablet is an excellent choice for newbies because of its compatibility with every essential operating system, and you can use it with applications like Photoshop easily.
It is one of the best that an artist can find with its value and price. It is very light, its pen is accurate and comes battery-free, has a stylish design, and also several important tools to improve your creativity digitally.
- Compact size art and slim design
- Its drawing area is big
- The tablet is 13 inches diagonally and has a work surface area of 8.7-inch
- Durable and long-lasting pen
- Links to PC via Bluetooth
- Item weight - 8.2 ounces
- Item Brand - Wacom
- Model number - CTL4100
- It comes with two months adobe Photoshop and lightroom
- The tablet built with high-quality materials
- It is almost impossible to trace
- There have been reports that the pen can fail sometimes
- While connecting with windows, software’s can malfunction
- You can also have disconnection problems
Watch the video introduction of the Wacom Intuos Drawing Tablet here:
Huion H610 Pro V2 Drawing Tablet
(Best Economical Drawing Tablet)
The manufacturer of this product reached great heights with this outstanding H610 Pro V2. The tablet comes with about 2048 sensitivity pressure levels, and it is one of the best that you will find around.
One of its best features is its rechargeable pen, and it means you do not have to keep changing batteries anymore. You will get the tablet with sixteen hot cells and eight express keys, which makes it a handy tool for professionals as well as beginners.
Lots of users love this tablet because of its compatibility with Mac and Windows operating system.
- Easy connection to phones with OTG
- Has excellent detection of pressure
- It has a battery-free stylus
- It comes sixteen hot cells and eight express keys
- It sides reduce fatigue
- Item weight - 1.35 pounds
- Item Brand - Huion
- Model number - NA
- You can get the tablet at an affordable price
- It has keys that you can customize to increase workflow
- It is very sensitive to pressure
- Its software’s can malfunction when you link the tablet with PCs
Watch the video review of the HUION H610 Pro v2 here:
Wacom DTH1320AK0 Cintiq Pro 13 Drawing Tablet
Artists with huge budgets will enjoy this one, only a handful of tablets can topple this one, it is an improved version of the Cintiq 13. The tablet has a full display on a big screen, which makes it favorites for artists of any stage.
It has an interactive display that functions as another monitor, which lets users draw into programs like they do on paper with ease. And if you want to invest in a drawing table for a long time, this one should be your choice because it is an excellent device.
Professional designers and artists who wish to include a top-notch pen to their experience in creativity should pick this one up. The tablet offers lots of capabilities in high quality with the pen display.
- High-quality creative pen display
- Outstanding clarity in HD
- It can connect to PC with a single universal serial bus C cord
- Multi-touch signals
- Item weight - 2.43 pounds
- Item Brand - Wacom
- Model number - DTH1320AK0
- It gives accurate and enhanced pen performance
- It has an authentic feel and gives users the power to bring their imaginations to reality
- It has a very sharp LCD
- It has several touch signals that can boost the speed of your workflow
- The drawing on its screen can be inconvenient at times
Learn how to use the Wacom DTH1320AK0 Cintiq Pro 13 here:
Yiynova MVP22U Drawing Tablet
(Best HD Drawing Tablet)
It is one of the best alternatives to the one above, and it has all the abilities of the clintiq pro virtually. You can get it at an affordable price and comes with several attributes, outstanding response time, except you are performing lots of projects with various colors, which can take two or more seconds.
The tablet has a big screen and improves touch accuracy and minimize collision of the palm and the touch. Although the tablet I still relatively new, but it comes at an affordable price with outstanding features that improve your productivity level.
- Active area for drawing
- Power cord and adapter, snap-in pen holder
- Two different sets of the pen kit
- Pen and finger dual touch
- Item weight - 13.23 pounds
- Item Brand - Yiynova
- Model number - MVP22U+DT
- It comes at an affordable price for people who enjoy saving money
- Outstanding response time when you are performing tasks that involve light
- It has the support of several leading software such as adobe illustrator
- You may not like its design because it looks cheap
- It has a reflective screen
Watch the video to learn Yiynova MVP22U basic concepts here:
Apple Ipad Pro
(Great for Graphic Designers)
With modern advancement, the artist does not need to decide which they have to own between a laptop and a drawing tablet. Now users can use both on just one device.
The Apple iPad in indigenous in the tablet world and has evolved over the years, and you are going to enjoy its most recent product, which is the iPad, and iPad Pro built particularly for artists.
The tablet consists of an interactive pencil stylus, and you can use this device like a laptop when you finish your drawings. You will find lots of drawing applications that you can download on its store, many of which are free, which makes this device an excellent choice for artists who want a computer and also a drawing tablet.
It can execute more than four trillion executions in one second because of the new A12X chipset, which makes the fastest iPad. It also has internal storage reaching 1TB, which means you may never run out of spaces.
- Facial identity for authorization
- 12MP camera at the back and has 7MP camera at the front
- It has 4 audio speakers with excellent sound
- It offers about ten hours of battery power
• Item weight - 1.03 pounds
• Item Brand - Apple
• Model number - NA
- It offers over ten hours of battery life
- It is the fastest iPad ever built
- It has large internal storage
- It does not contain apple pencil
- There have been few complaints about bad screens
See a video explanation of the Apple Ipad Pro here:
Microsoft surface book 2
(Best for Professionals)
It is one of the best top quality ultra-book in the world today because of its excellent ultra HD visual display and processing speed. It is a perfect choice for anyone who wishes to turn their laptop into a device they can use to draw and improve creativity.
One of the critical features of this tablet is its ability to run the operating system 10, which means you can install and use several programs like Photoshop easily. The tablet has beautiful graphics with an adjustable surface.
It is a mighty studio and gadget that has more power than the first surface book.
- Excellent ultra HD visual display and processing speed
- Wonderful graphics with adjustable surface
- Item weight - 4.2 pounds
- Item Brand - Microsoft
- Model number - QKK-00001
- It has a breakneck processing speed
- It can provide about seventeen hours of battery power
- It has the best surface for games.
- You can use it as a laptop
- Detachable screen
- It updates anytime it wants
- It consumes lots of space while updating with large files
Watch Microsoft surface book 2 review video here:
Samsung Galaxy Tab A with S Pen
(Perfect for Simple Projects)
It is the best tablet for on the go artists. It has a big screen and comes at an affordable price, which makes it the best alternative for artists on a budget.
The tablet can access hundreds of applications via the play store and has virtually the same functionalities with tablets in its range, which includes visiting the internet and have access to videos online.
It has a memory card slot that you can use to improve the size of the device memory from 16gigabytes to about 256gigabyte with the card.
It also comes with an outstanding pen that you can use to draw, write, and edit with accuracy. You can also use the pen to unlock the tablet's screen or create GIFs.
- Its pen enhances creativity
- High-speed processor and durable battery
- You can increase its memory for more video spaces
- Multi-Window for perfect multitasking
- Item weight - 1.23 pounds
- Item Brand - Samsung
- Model number - SM-P580NZKAXAR
- It has a complete HD visual display and excellent backlighting
- It has a wonderful resolution
- It provides batter power of about fourteen hours
- Its software’s can malfunction anytime
See practical explanation of Samsung Galaxy Tab A with S Pen here:
Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga 4TH GEN
(Best for Artists)
It is one of the best drawing tablets that you can find on the market today, and it is one of the few drawing tablets that can also function as a laptop. You can also install several other drawing applications on this tablet, and it has the right size and perfect for those who enjoy portability laptops.
It has a high-speed processor with a random access memory of 8gigabytes and a 256SSD, which is perfect for gaming.
- Multi-touch display
- It has a reader for fingerprint and a backlit Keyboard
- Speedy processor
- Item weight - 3.24 pounds
- Item Brand - Lenovo
- Model number - X1 Yoga 4th Gen
- It is very portable
- You can install any drawing program
- It has an average size
- It has a touchscreen that you can use to perform several tasks at once
- It does not have a long battery life
- It is quite expensive
Watch the video tutorial of the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga 4TH GEN here:
Microsoft Surface Pro 4
(Most Comfortable Tablet)
The tablet has lots of improvements, particularly to the pen, which puts it right there amount the best drawing tablets today. It functions similarly to a laptop, and the manufacturer built this device with lots of thoughts about artists.
It comes at a fair price, and it is lightweight and much more powerful than its previous versions. It runs more relaxed and more efficient with enhanced technology to improve your life.
- It is a versatile band more efficient
- Enhanced technology
- Very high contrast and low-glare to help the eyes
- Item weight - 1.7 pounds
- Item Brand - Microsoft
- Model number - CR3-00001
- It functions perfectly as a drawing tablet and laptop
- It has lots of configuration alternatives
- It is very fast in performance
- It has just one universal serial bus port
- It is expensive
Learn how to use the Microsoft Surface Pro 4 here:
Huion Kamvas GT-191
(Best for Advanced Drawers)
The drawing tablet behaves like an additional screen to your system, and it has a long life and very affordable. It comes with the latest digital pen that is very comfortable to use, has a strong nib and great battery life.
It has outstanding compatibility with mac and windows and also important software like Photoshop. It also gives users a comfortable paper-like touch while drawing or performing other tasks.
- It is very rich in colors
- It has a wide range of compatibility
- Very easy to use and accurate
- Screen protector
- Item weight - 13.05 pounds
- Item Brand - Huion
- Model number - GT-191VE
- It has a long-lasting battery and a sturdy nib
- It has a wide range of colors
- It gives you control and accuracy
- Functions properly with Photoshop
- It has a wonderful build quality
- It does not have an express key when you need it
Watch Huion Kamvas GT-191 drawing tablet review here:
(Perfect for Advanced Projects)
The tablet is an essential technology for developing digital sketches and paintings. Its HD display offers excellent colors with sharp details and also has a touch bar that you can use for zooming, scrolling, and choosing particular areas of the canvas.
The tablet comes with an outstanding pen built with the feel of the regular pencil, and it has a non-slip grip and a hexagonal shape. It also has an eraser to clean mistakes that you want to go quickly.
- It has a very portable visual display of 11.6 Inch
- It has a very slim touch-pad and 6 shortcut keys.
- Item weight - 2 pounds
- Item Brand - XP-PEN
- Model number - Artist 12
- Its pen is battery-free
- It has nine different replacement tips
- The pen is quite sensitive
- It dies nit come with a stand for the display
Watch the XP-PEN Artist12 video explanation here:
(Best for Animators)
It is the best tablet for people with love for games, and it is also battery-free which means you will not need to change batteries in the game action. It offers 24 square inches of the work area where you can perform lots of activities like playing games and so on.
- It has 2GB of random access memory
- It comes with 32gigabyte disk
- Connects to wireless easily
- Item weight - 2.91 pounds
- Item Brand - Simbans
- Model number - PIC3
- You can install lots of games on the tablet
- It improves movie watching
- You can link to social media easily.
- Its stylus is not a perfect one
Watch Simbans PicassoTab drawing tablet unboxing and reviews video here:
Frequently Asked Questions
For the beginners in the digital drawing world, I would recommend the Wacom Intous Drawing Tablet for your practices and skill sharpening, it is straightforward to set up, compact and you can use it easily with both hands.
But for the advanced drawers, Huion Kamvas GT-191 would be my recommendation because it has amazing display effects on your projects, it is also lightweight and has an ergonomic design.
For more experience as a digital drawer, it is important to select the right drawing tablet with high quality and enhanced productivity. All of the product on this list has outstanding features to improve your drawing skills, wonderful graphics, and impressive finger touch accuracy.