After a long period of using and share experiences with my coworker, I am interested in the pro tool, primarily the support tool for project runners. Now, I decided to write you an article for daily using a tape measure.
I will no longer ask you to wait. Let’s jump from the very first definition of a tape measure to the feature reviews in detail right now!
Table of Contents
- When We Usually Use A Tape Measure?
- How Can We Justify A Tape Measure Is Accurate?
- Which Is The Standard Size Of A Tape Measure?
- Which Are The Best Tape Measures On The Market?
- Best Tape Measure Comparison Chart 2021
- Top 15 Best Tape Measure Reviews in 2021
- Buying Guides
- Maintenances And Saving Impacts
- My Top Pick
When We Usually Use A Tape Measure?
A tape measure is a portable measurement tool used to quantify the size of an object or the distance between objects. The tape calculates in inches and fractions around the edge, typically apply for carpentry or construction.
It also uses a steep, curved metal cord that can stay steady and straight when extended.
How Can We Justify A Tape Measure Is Accurate?
All the tape tests follow the same rule for tolerance, though the margin errors are higher. A precision tape of around ±1⁄32 inch would be accurate to 12 feet; it is within ±1⁄16 inch.
- Top 15 Best Scanner for Artwork Reviews in 2021
- Top 15 Best Architectural Toys for Adults in 2021
- Top 55 Best Architectural Supplies To Buy in 2021
- Top 12 Best Drafting Chairs On The Market 2021
- Top 12 Best Mechanical Pencils for Writing in 2021
- Top 15 Best Graphing Calculators To Buy 2021
- Top 12 Best Drafting Table Reviews in 2021
- Top 10 Best Architectural Drafting Boards To Buy in 2021
Which Is The Standard Size Of A Tape Measure?
The most famous tape ranges are 12 feet, 25 feet, or 100 feet. Consumers can find a 12-foot tape measure most useful. The 25-foot length is the tape of a builder (measured in feet), and with a scale of 16 inches, you can measure the average distance between the wall studs.
So, you have all the first requirements to go through the sections below and fulfill your spaces about the top tape measures.
Which Are The Best Tape Measures On The Market?
With the summary below, I believe you have all the chances to find the ordinary sense. You will no longer question your ideal tape measure!
- Best With Interior Designers: STANLEY 25FT POWERLOCK Tape Measure
“High-quality ABS case, traditional and classic design, various supported tools to keep its toughness.”
- Best Overall: STANLEY 25FT FATMAX Tape Measure
“Over 165- year brand with quality products, blade with extra stiffness, and a long-standing out.”
- Best for Heavy Duty: KUTIR 25FT Tape Measure
“Ergonomic design with a lock to hold the scale, experiences by handymen, carpenters, and builders for multiple purposes.”
- Best for Longest Standout: KOMELON 25FT Tape Measure
“An innovation in the blade color, concentrate on protecting the tape from environmental factors and an effective end look.”
- Best Budget: DEWALT 25FT Tape Measure
“Be with you till the toughest measurement, innovations for working speed, and a good security job.”
- Best for Wet Conditions: MAGNELEX 33FT Tape Measure
“Free you with the solid rule tape measure, sturdy work for years, and a lifetime belt clip.”
- Best for Carpentry: QUICKDRAW 25FT Tape Measure
“A nice tape for your marking routine, all in all, this solid tape and a gun sight named as wedge marker.”
- Best in Fractions: LUFKIN 25FT Tape Measure
“Give you the best calculation solution of the time, good support for hanging stuff, and a classic catching up design.”
- Best With Digital Readouts: ETAPE 16FT Tape Measure
“A real guide for pros with the meters, specific re-zero range, and supported LCD screen for more tiny display.”
- Best for Plumber: SWANSON 25FT Tape Measure
“Fast and accurate results, 85 years work on the innovations and perfect for PVC, black iron, and metal pipe.”
- Best in Toughness: MILWAUKEE 25FT Tape Measure
“Designed with good size and weight, the bucket list of all heavy-duty projectors, and multiple unique features.”
- Best With Readability: KLEIN 25FT Tape Measure
“Hooking with metal material will no more a hard task; it allows users to lock with fingers and owns a good metric size.”
- Best for Lightweight: RIDGID 25FT Tape Measure
“An innovative structure for heavy-duty covers with stainless base and quickly meets the toughest areas.”
- Best for Ergonomic: EMPIRE 25FT Tape Measure
“Builds up your empire with an empire, a new journey of upgrading, and attracts you with a charming look.”
- Best for Marking: OX 35FT Tape Measure
“Free you away with space, special feature support for accurate measurements, and stainless design.”
Best Tape Measure Comparison Chart 2021
I compare for you the top seeking tape measure of the tool users in 2021. At first, you need to sum up your demands for a tape measure so that you can have more time to research carefully for the final choice.
|Product Name||Dimensions||Item Weight||Part Number||Warranty|
|STANLEY 25FT POWERLOCK Tape Measure - Best With Fractions||3.5 x 3.5 x 2 inches||0.96 ounces||33-425||Limited lifetime|
|STANLEY 25FT FATMAX Tape Measure - Best Overall||2.3 x 5 x 8 inches||1.1 pounds||33-725||Limited lifetime|
|KUTIR 25FT Tape Measure - Best for Heavy Duty||3.1 x 1.8 x 3.1 inches||14.1 ounces||KUTIR 56-7525||Two year|
|KOMELON 25FT Tape Measure - Best for Longest Standout||2.4 x 4.8 x 6.8 inches||1 pound||SL2825||One year against product defections|
|DEWALT 25FT Tape Measure - Best Budget||8.5 x 5.5 x 3.7 inches||1.38 pounds||DWHT36225S||Limited lifetime|
|MAGNELEX 33FT Tape Measure - Best for Wet Conditions||2.5 x 1.2 x 2.6 inches||3.2 ounces||MG-TM10||Lifetime|
|QUICKDRAW 25FT Tape Measure - Best for Carpentry||7.5 x 5 x 2.2 inches||15.2 ounces||23456||Limited lifetime|
|LUFKIN 25FT Tape Measure - Best in Fractions||8.2 x 3.9 x 2 inches||12.8 ounces||L725SCTMPN||Limited lifetime (Standard)|
|ETAPE 16FT Tape Measure - Best With Digital Readouts||6.3 x 5.2 x 2.3 inches||9.6 ounces||ET16.75-DB-RP||Limited lifetime|
|SWANSON 25FT Tape Measure - Best for Plumber||1 x 3 x 10.6 inches||1.15 pounds||SVGL25M1||Limited lifetime|
|MILWAUKEE 25FT Tape Measure - Best in Toughness||4.8 x 2.8 x 7 inches||3.36 ounces||48-22-5125||Limited lifetime|
|KLEIN 25FT Tape Measure - Best With Readability||7.2 x 4.8 x 2.5 inches||1.2 pounds||86225||Lifetime|
|RIDGID 25FT Tape Measure - Best for Lightweight||8 x 3.7 x 0.4 inches||1 pound||20218||Full lifetime|
|EMPIRE 25FT Tape Measure - Best for Ergonomic||3.3 x 1.7 x 3.2 inches||12.8 ounces||272-500AL-25||Limited lifetime|
|OX 35FT Tape Measure - Best for Marking||3.8 x 3.8 x 2 inches||1.25 pounds||9341231016578||Limited lifetime|
After this chart, you partly have your chosen ones. Now come to more summaries to search for your wishing features.
Top 15 Best Tape Measure Reviews in 2021
Have you ever disturbed by making the final decision, especially buying something? If the answer is “yes,” sometimes, we have the same tendency in details and clues. My reviews here will bring you closer to your tape measure.
1. STANLEY 25FT POWERLOCK Tape Measure
(Best With Fractions)
This tape measure has become famous for its power lock. It’s a square style to get into the corner room; then, having the best action for creating base trimmings.
Stanley adds a heat-treated trigger to increase the durability. However, the part I impressed the most is the ending hook, which owns The True zero erosion resistant to maintain the accuracy of measurement in the long term.
More than that, STANLEY 25FT is also an incredibly stable tape measure, I dropped hundreds of times, even with a forklift driving over, and it still worked.
- A blade lock to minimize creeping and slipping while measuring
- Easy to access due to a belt hook
- A wide blade for more visions (1 inch)
- Simple to make frames with a 2 in and 16 in stud center
- Mylar polyester layer extends the blade’s life
- Long-lasting usage
- High rate accuracy
- Reliably light and sturdy
- Included protective case
- Bending through time
- No extra accessories
Is this tape measure the best you have found?
2. STANLEY 25FT FATMAX Tape Measure
Read the list of application surfaces right here; you will know the reason why users call this the general item. This STANLEY 25FT FATMAX can work in drywall, carpentry, framing, masonry, plumbing, and so on.
One another factor is The Fatmax; you can quickly imagine how FAT the tapeline is. As the blade is a total 1-1/4 “long, it widens the tape measure body; therefore, you may find it hard to control if you have a small hand size. Whenever you get used to using it, no more changes needed for sure!
And a little thing you need to notice in the spring, be careful with the speed rate as it retracts the tape.
- One handy feature, a standing 11-foot unsupported blade which fits for measuring alone
- The Blade-Armor, an advanced thermoplastic layer added to the blade to strengthen and protect this section
- The blade lock is a little tight at first, but later you can push and pull easily via the thumbing switch
- The tape shell makes from ABS, covered 85% over-mold black rubber to provide grip and soften the tape if you lower it to the hard surface
- Broadens tape life with the full blade MAXSHIELDTM Coating, the sturdiest blade coating ever added to FATMAX Tape measurements
- Suitable font numbers
- Entirely accurate out of the box
- Flexible hook for holding when needed and storing onboard when you don’t
- Mechanical auto-lock
- Blade prints in one side
- The belt hook loosens via time
|Color||NA (platinum-cobalt units)|
You can have a look at this new magnetic inside measurement:
3. KUTIR 25FT Tape Measure
(Best for Heavy Duty)
The professors choose The KUTIR 25FT Tape because the blade is made of stainless steel while the magnet is plated in chromium to avoid rusting. The fewer errors a tape measure can prevent, the more the survivalists search for this handy item.
For the things that sometimes out of reach, you will no longer need a supporter. You will soon recognize the differences with the standard tape, which often requires things like a metal frame hook or lock to get firm support.
Additionally, your wrist will feel more comfortable with the rubber strap, and you can also bring it to different places.
- Case with shock resistance for a better construction
- Has a solid magnetic hook to attach many surfaces
- Goes with a smooth retraction function, for fast operation
- Remains rigid till 7 feet without bending
- Bold metrics and numbers (both size)
- Magnetic handy hook
- Highly protective structure
- A little bit heavy
- Rubber smell displeasure
|Color||Yellow and black|
|Measurement method||M.I.D. II|
4. KOMELON 25FT Tape Measure
(Best for Longest Standout)
Spending most resources on researching other tape measures, KOMELON 25FT Tape Measure has made an innovation in the blade color. Instead of the standard yellow, they produce it in white to remove shimmers on the band.
Lightweight but still own a rubber case is also a new update belongs with its no slipping grip. These improvements lead to more standing out rates than our expectations.
Evaluated throughout the entire production process, Komelon proved the quality as well as the craft qualification. I love not worrying about locking, especially when you are in a large moving project.
- The self-locking blade remains prolonged till users push the return button
- Auto-locking tape for small tasks
- Thick nylon coats outside the blade to remain
- Heat pretreatment and cold rolling cycle eliminate twisting and racking while using
- New nylon-coating Komelon reduces abrasion and wearing out
- Reasonable price
- Suitable for self-working
- Small with ergonomic design
- Hard to stop moving backward while staying out
- Need to have a magnetic tip
- Metric measures improperly marked on tape (better inch marking)
Carefully check this video to know more about The Maggrip Monter:
5. DEWALT 25FT Tape Measure
Tougher, tougher, and tougher are all the descriptions for the new extended performance of Dewalt. They have proved that this DEWALT 25FT Tape Measure craft to endure the harshest conditions at the workplace and extreme use.
Not only famous for an affordable price with great features, but it is also easy to measure. The extra-wide end hook catches construction material from all four sides making the items easy to grasp when.
I have some advice for you on this dual-core spring. Whenever the problem comes from the spring, you can replace it. However, getting a new spring, the old tape does not usually work well or at least cannot retract as smooth as it used to.
- Survives a drop of 60 feet, XP™ Tape measure offers an impact-resistant case PC/ABS
- Improves the sturdiest hook connection to minimize the breakings
- An additional safety alternative is the coating blade
- The updated screw-free strap clip securely stays
- An advanced security lock protects the lock button
- Straight stand out for more reaching and efficiency
- Convenient stiffness of the first 12-13 feet
- Heavy duty case
- Long working period
- Need to have a bigger clip size
|Color||Yellow and black|
|Measurement method||Tape measure|
Let’s guess who the winner is? The results will surprise you!
6. MAGNELEX 33FT Tape Measure
(Best for Wet Conditions)
Certificated with MID standards (Measuring Instruments Directive), your project will go further and easy to grip with Magnelex solid rule. It won’t ruin your day; it also has a right wrist brace so you won’t drop it while working.
100% Money back guarantee you will remove all the risks. The internal system has superior functionality and components, so it does not break down. MAGNELEX 33FT Tape Measure will stand by you for a long time to come.
Covers by nylon on both sides, the blade will protect your tape from being unbreakable. Even though getting stuck between boards sometimes, this tape keeps running to show you how secure its inner system is.
- Metric and inches tape for better construction
- Smooth-coated sliding nylon ruler for DIY and home use
- Sturdy belt clip and case covers with rubber
- Fixed stop button cuts down various times of slipping while you are marking
- One-hand locking available
- Smooth for both retraction and extension
- Conveniently work in wet conditions
- Nice and easy to roll out
- Numbers print with bright color
- Tape graduations printed in low quality
- A little thin blade
|Measurement method||Tape measure|
7. QUICKDRAW 25FT Tape Measure
(Best for Carpentry)
Have you ever found a tape that saves time as always, even a minute of sharpening your pencil?
I must say “wow”’ with this small caring detail. The graphite marking device is proprietary, which comes preloaded and available to score. The inner steel wheel applies a graphite line exactly where you want it.
One big note is that the longer the line can draw, the more it was vulnerable to curvature. It is not a tape measure error since this is a typical case when the tape hook is in a fixed location.
- Ten extra refills and 4D graphite stick mounted in the tape measure to mark without suddenly stop for refilling
- New wedge gage for intense precision
- Licensed contractor and nylon-coated metal cord for extra durability
- More than over 2000 marks per load
- High steel tape to give up bending and collapsing
- The self-making system to draw circles quickly and perfectly
- Suitable length, no need to start marking over and over
- Covers with a durable case
- Lack of card of instructions
- Too large to operate
- Difficult to lock this tape
Will you take this video only a quick look?
8. LUFKIN 25FT Tape Measure
(Best in Fractions)
Imagine if you are a real pro. You will look for a long using period with the classic simple-to-use item, aren’t you? And a good partnership will soon free you away from the stress.
You can trust The LUFKIN 25FT Tape Measure. Self-centering its name has given us all the clue, this innovation makes it fast and straightforward to find the midpoints of the measurements. Carefully notice the red scale to see the middles beneath the black ruler of the actual inches.
Over 100 years in this industry, Lufkin is a leading brand of measuring goods by Apex Tool Company, one of the world’s largest manufacturers of hand tools.
- White paint blade marks extend the tape’s life cycle
- Orange case Hi-Viz highlights this item even in the chaotic job site
- Blade age will secure by both the quad rivet and the hook
- The flexible belt clip makes the device easy to reach and portable
- Shows every measurement’s midpoint
- Modern look and ergonomic design
- Minimize troubles of calculating
- Durable case attached
- Sometimes the spring spinning doesn’t remove the tape
- Lack of self-locking
Take some time and let me know about the survivors:
9. ETAPE 16FT Tape Measure
(Best With Digital Readouts)
You can call this item the pressing tape since most of the features are active and inactive only by pressing. What a 4.0 lifetime you are in!
This technology mate will give you more confidence before cutting anything. Just with the “Hold” button, you can quickly check your flash measurement and only 1 more hold to back to clear that database.
Blade block is becoming visualized than ever, press and release the button you will have the tape is lock and unlock. More than that, the dual memory can be recall and display in M1 and M2 mind. Remember the two opposite small red buttons near the blade lock.
And my last impression of this ETAPE 16FT Tape Measure is the midpoint, which is auto centralized. Just need one press, you will run the process the whole time.
- Constructed by polycarbonate plastic; therefore, it is durable and reliable
- Includes three memory features, consisting of one measuring hold (short-term) and two memories (long-term)
- Famous for the centerline measurement
- LCD screen, ideal for both inside and outside work
- Color diversity
- Affordable price
- Outstanding re-zero range
- Moving in a quite slow speed
- Lack of laser measure
|Color||Red (1 pack)|
|Measurement method||Inch/ Metric|
Ever you have a digital mechanic tool? It’s time to own one!
10. SWANSON 25FT Tape Measure
(Best for Plumber)
SWANSON 25FT Tape Measure is suitable for plumbers, industrial workers, electricians, and dyers alike. With exclusive features to support the rush task in the changeable environments, an innovative scribe manual helps you to scribe circles, straight lines, and arcs without a trammel need. It’s fast, clean, and consistent to type in.
The tape makes it much easier to scribe. Having a 16-foot blade that is stable enough to straighten out eight feet without bending.
Polyester sleeve covering protects against corrosion and tears on the prints. High-impact, durable ABS case with simple grip, molded rubber housing.
- Standard edges and rounded surfaces are holds by a double-edge magnetic hook
- Different from the others, the patented swivel tip can adjust to make calculations as near as 1/4 in from the beginning of the rule
- The blade is 1-1/16, with the large number shown at the top and bottom for the better check
- The magnetic rotary tip can hold vertical and rounded edges up to 2-inch in diameter
- PVC locks conduct and valve up to 2 inches in diameter
- Durable (blade with nylon coat)
- Numbers are clear to read in both side
- A nylon coat protects prints
- The end hook faces loosing
- Not a stable brand suggestion
|Color||Red (1 pack)|
|Measurement method||Tape measure|
11. MILWAUKEE 25FT Tape Measure
(Best in Toughness)
What a long journey to see the updates from Milwaukee products over the last six years. Improvements from the manual rolling tape to the wooden folding stick. The manual rolling tape stores in a plastic case while the wooden tape is around the size of a ruler, even at their smallest.
MILWAUKEE assessed the precision of the tape using the Lixer Master (LM002 model), a calibration device that has a + /-.0005′′ gage block precision.
MILWAUKEE 25FT Tape Measure has had the smoothest motion of all the tapes in our study, even after 30 drops from a ten-foot ladder. The blade still flawlessly pulls out and removable. What a real warrior! Why don’t we name it the toughness?
- Bottom blade printed architectural scale for versatility and transparency
- Five-point strengthened framework improves strength and lifespan
- Finger stop function protects users from retracting damage
- The magnetic hook strongly binds to the metals
- Wire type belt clip makes it easy to carry and access
- Much more accuracy than you can imagine
- Convenient clip design
- Ergonomic structure
- Eyesight catching scale
- Minimalism hook
- Need to have a bigger clip size
|Material||Nylon bond blade (protection)/ Reinforced frame (5-point)|
|Measurement method||English/ Standard|
I believed in its toughness. How’s about you?
12. KLEIN 25FT Tape Measure
(Best With Readability)
Spending the whole day on measuring, you will soon feel the need for an open area where you can use your finger as a break. The tiny brake can work with the middle, the index, or even the ring finger. It doesn’t sound like an outstanding innovation, but soon you will list as the best wishes.
Another factor that ranks this KLEIN 25FT Tape Measure in the top of the professional tape is that the two double-sided features. Included the double-sided magnetic tang and double-sided gradation markers to lay conduit, cord, and ranges.
Besides that, this tape lovely adds some more handy advantages for you like a belt clip, a nylon-coated hammer, the tape lock, and even a duct bending table for offsets and saddles.
- The brake runs a right bottom part to standing out
- The case appears stable with the sturdy plastic, the rubber over-molding, and a qualified clip
- When clipped onto your pocket or belt, it’s not restrictive. But it’s a little heavier to claim, Milwaukee’s 12.8-ounce comparable tape
- The magnet hook turns away about 25% the time I expected it to hold
- Easy to roll out
- The sight curves comfort hand while using
- Good size and lightweight
- The stake breaks quickly on the hard grounds
- Requires a better clip than the old metal one
Remind you one more time what a double magnetic hook can do here:
13. RIDGID 25FT Tape Measure
(Best for Lightweight)
If you have a busy working schedule, you can ask for RIDGID 25FT Tape Measure to help with the maintenances. Anti-slip rubber surrounds with stainless coated shell, grips in the most challenging conditions.
One of the remarkable things I found about this RIDGID tape comes down to its willingness to take a whipping. It bounces off concrete many times without breaking down completely.
Ultimately, we knocked it up a bit and snapped off some parts of the thumb lock, which ensures that when you eventually drop it below belt-height.
- Hooking into a nail comes real with the slotted feature and also the support of this full side steel hook
- Available in 16 ‘and 25’ lengths with rubber grip and stainless body tape
- Extra thick nylon-coated blade 1 1/16 “heavy-duty, 2-sided, prevents swelling and breakage
- Integrated bumper shock reduces the negative effect when rewinding
- Both sides printed tape blade
- The magnetic hook is handy
- Coated with nylon for better stability
- Lightweight and far sketching out
- Difficult to operate the look
- A little bit large
|Material||Steel/ Stainless steel|
|Measurement method||Tape measure|
I am sure you are not ready to miss this:
14. EMPIRE 25FT Tape Measure
(Best for Ergonomic)
Best overall performance for longevity and accessibility, EMPIRE 25FT Tape Measure adds tremendous value to the measuring world with its auto-locking, nylon-coated blade and fractional markings.
The tape naturally locks the blade into place instead of forcing the thumb locks down to hold the edge extended. When it is time to retract, a light push in the button, then the blade will release and rewind automatically.
The module also features a more durable smoother action and a nylon coating.
- Reinforced 5-screw casing for better tear, wear and drop reliability
- The nylon-coated blade is corrosion resistant and abrasive
- Transform a white background with black printing on edge, the contrast improves visibility
- Compact but small and easy to hold the tape
- Easy to read the fractions
- A friendly suggestion for the budget
- Need to have a bigger clip size
- Have a single printing blade side
|Measurement method||Tape measure|
15. OX 35FT Tape Measure
(Best for Marking)
Finally, you can check out the most extended range of all measurements. As a particular need, the robust case made of stainless steel offers a slip-free surface and prevents drop damage.
OX 35FT Tape Measure is a reliable tape measure that the end of the bullhead is useful to hook stuff and get an exact measurement without slipping off.
For the significant applications, the necessary fractional markings approved by the industry, more catching to read and calculate. The 9 1/2′ standout means big projects are easy to run up.
- Owns a chrome over-mold case for the massive duty purpose
- The thumb lock is simple to access
- Cushion grip for slip prone hold and comfort
- Super tight with 27 mm long and nylon-coated steel blade of 2.8 m standing out
- Sturdy and high standard
- Have a big end hook
- Approved by the CE
- It is quite voluminous for the tight spaces
- Easy to grab by the bulling hook
Soon this charming will attract you, my dear! Watch this video to know more about the product:
So, the buying decision is yours now. I would like to prove it for you; therefore, I list out here five main things to consider and check with notice before picking it home.
Tip for you before choosing the field for your tape measure. You should estimate the average range of your daily measurement, specific them in feet and meter, then pick an item that is over your average scale. And a typical tape ranges from 10 to 25 feet
Notice that you work in different environments; therefore, find the one that can flexibly fit from the darkness to the sunlight. My advice for you is a backlit screen, which can help you with the display as simple as you can ask.
It is important to find a reliable power source that can stand for long hours. Too much time for charging will remove your mood of applications. Moreover, the auto shutting off function can save the tape battery, especially when it is a household item.
In case you need a better back up, you can consider a tape measure that has the rechargeable or replaceable power source.
The more complex your job is, the larger the mind your tape measure needs to have. Some small models can store a variety of databases, which can minimize your taking note time.
However, you should not bias the storage if your demand is a fundamental task; a lower mind is suitable enough to please you with the price tag.
You are a professional pro or a home buyer; you all have your ideal tape measure. Various modern features are the best fit for a real measurer; for example, the laser feature can help you reach both volume and area. The others do the calculation based on theoretical geometry.
One more thing this is the portability. Lightweight for more accessible storage and the portable feature can comfort you even in the most stressful situation such as a band that you can quickly add to your wrist.
It is necessary to ensure not losing the tape measure as well as keeping it in your reach.
Maintenances And Saving Impacts
After having your dream tape measure, you have to checkup this product daily as a routine for a better partnership. Carefully note down my advice, and start maintaining your tape now!
Clean And Clear Your Tape
Every metal tool requires dry condition but not the heat from the sunlight. The direct light and heat will revenge the blade from swelling or stretching. Besides that, water on the edge will lead to rust and scrubbing down the film as its rewinding.
Control Your Blade
It’s never the right choice to let the blade tape snap back into the case! My experiments measured 25-feet recoil, many inner parts ripped off, and the others twisted their blades.
Your tape produces to bear the brief as well as the rapid shock over and over again. It is also dangerous for you and the people around; therefore, you should control the speed blade when it returns.
Inspect The Performed Behavior
Just a small check and save before, and after using, you will have a lifetime tape measure!
- Your job is to measure the exact number; you should check if the numbers wear out, and we need to replace it.
- Keep the hook move with a regular move. You’ll never trust an over-moving or a lack of moving hook. It is no more the accuracy you want.
- Tears or quirks on the edge of the blade will cause the digit imprecision.
- Any difference in straightness will result in an incorrect measurement and the possibility of the cuts.
Whenever the edge is damaged, it’s time to replace your tape measure.
Quickly go through these FAQs to find out which will be miss when you own yourself a top-ranking tape measure.
My Top Pick
That is all for my suggestions. I appreciate all the time you have shared and happy to say that I have been so close to my tape measure. I have decided to buy the DEWALT 25FT Tape Measure.
I believe you are all clear that the reason I pick this tape is its financial advantage. However, the most attractive to me is the modern outlook and its unique features. I fall in love with the block button for the first time since I soon know that this extra will support me a lot on my woodworking projects.