Achieve the bathroom of your dreams with one of these best undermount bathroom sinks. With their sleek and stylish design, undermount sinks can undoubtedly add a modern flair to your bathroom, making it seem like a place of indulgence and luxury.
It goes without saying that not all undermount bathroom sinks are created equal. Some sinks boast such beautiful design and premium quality that anyone will fall in love with them. Others might seem unassuming, but their quality and durability prove to be second to none.
Whatever it is that you’re looking for in an undermount bathroom sink, I’m certain you’ll find this review helpful. Here, you’ll find recommendations for the best bathroom sinks, the best brands for these products, and how to install them.
A Brief Overview About Undermount Bathroom Sink
Before learning about the best undermount bathroom sinks, you should first understand them thoroughly. Fortunately, you’ll only need to read this section to gain all the important information about undermount bathroom sinks.
What Is An Undermount Bathroom Sink?
Simply put, it is a sink that is installed underneath the countertop. Although an undermount sink does have a rim, this rim is not visible because it’s adhered to the countertop’s bottom.
- How To Remove A Bathroom Sink Stopper? The Easiest Guide 2022
- A Detail Guide On How To Fix A Leaky Bathtub Faucet In 2022
- Top 16 Best Bathroom Faucets On The Market 2022
- How To Fix A Shower Diverter? The Most Thorough Guide of 2022
- Top 10 Best Two-Person Hot Tubs You Should Get 2022
- Bathroom Sink Plumbing Parts: How Do They Work?
- Bath Fitter Prices: Guide to Cheap(er) Bathroom Remodeling 2022
- Top 10 Best Bathroom Sinks You Can Find 2022
Common Materials Used For Making Undermount Bathroom Sinks
Material is a very important factor that you need to keep an eye on while buying undermount bathroom sinks. Without understanding the best materials for undermount bathroom sinks, you might accidentally get an unsuitable product.
Vitreous china undermount sink refers to porcelain sinks that have been coated with a layer of vitreous enamel. As a result, vitreous china sinks tend to be a lot more durable and resistant to scratches than porcelain ones.
Due to its impressive durability and ease of maintenance, porcelain, and vitreous china are commonly used to make bathroom sinks. Their excellent non-porous nature can also ensure that you don’t have to worry about mold or mildew buildup.
Ceramic is another common material used for making undermount bathroom sinks. Like porcelain and vitreous china, ceramic is very durable and scratch-resistant. Ceramic is also non-porous, which means that it’s unlikely to develop unpleasant odors or mildew.
Another reason why ceramic is a fantastic choice for making bathroom sinks is its affordability. Most ceramic undermount bathroom sinks come at a very reasonable price. However, ceramic sinks might not be able to handle extreme heat.
Copper sinks are usually handcrafted and hand-hammered, giving them a sophisticated look. They boast a unique appearance, especially when they develop a natural patina. Copper sinks are naturally antimicrobial, thus reducing the time and effort needed to clean or maintain.
Although undermount copper sinks are very durable and resistant to rust or corrosion, they can be rather sensitive to acid, extreme heat, as well as harsh cleaning agents.
When it comes to durability, it’s impossible to beat cast iron – a material strong enough to withstand rough handling and heavy impact. Cast iron sinks can be coated with a layer of enamel for better resistance against scratches and stains.
One drawback of cast iron sinks is that they are quite heavy. As a result, when installing cast iron sinks, you might need to reinforce your countertop or get a metal frame to support the weight.
What Are The Best Brands For Undermount Bathroom Sinks?
The first step to finding the best undermount bathroom sinks is to learn all the best brands when it comes to these products. Therefore, I will list out some of the best undermount bathroom brands.
Kohler is arguably one of the best brands that produce bathroom appliances. Having provided premium products to improve everyone’s lifestyles since 1873, the brand seeks to ensure that your life quality is as good as it can get.
Providing high-quality products with affordability in mind, MR Direct strongly believes that everyone deserves to have premium and elegant products in their home. With their fantastic customer service, the brand is suitable for everyone from all walks of life.
Sinkolgoy is another trustworthy brand when it comes to bathroom and kitchen sinks. Offering a wide range of handcrafted products, Sinkology will ensure that your bathroom sinks are a statement of beauty and quality.
What Are The Best Undermount Bathroom Sink?
The best undermount bathroom sinks are the KOHLER Caxton Undermount Bathroom Sink and the Kohler Tahoe Undermount Bathroom Sink, thanks to their unrivaled durability as well as resistance to scratches and stains.
I also recommend getting the Sinkology Schrodinger Handmade Copper Bathroom Sink; this handcrafted sink is a fantastic way to give your bathroom a unique and vintage beauty. And like other premium products, this sink is amazingly sturdy and durable.
- Best Overall: KOHLER K-20000-0 Caxton Undermount Bathroom Sink
“Standard countertop cutout fit, overflow drain included to present filling, compatible with wall and counter-mount faucets, can fit any bathroom’s decór, easy to install.”
- Best Budget: MR Direct UPM-Black Porcelain Undermount Bathroom Sink
“Built-in overflow for safe water filling, triple glazing and triple firing, elegant oval shape with a flat bottom, impressive durability, lifetime warranty, great value for money.”
- Best With Overflow: Friho Modern Sleek Vanity Undermount Bathroom Sink
“Modern and sleek design with a rectangular shape, overflow included to keep water from spilling out, scratch-resistant ceramic, solid and sturdy construction.”
- Best For Quartz Countertop: Nantucket Sinks White Undermount Bathroom Sink
“Smooth ceramic surface with a porcelain enamel glaze, sloped sides and flat bottom for a smooth transitional look, ideal for small and tight bathrooms.”
- Best With Faucet Holes: Kohler K-2890-4-96 Tahoe Undermount Bathroom Sink
“Comes with three centerset faucet holes, available in three colors, no-rimming sink design, drop-in installation type also available, unmatched durability.”
- Best Handmade: Sinkology Schrodinger Handmade Copper Bathroom Sink
“Handcrafted and hand-hammer sink, made from 18-gauge pure copper, 3D interactive assembly instruction available, dual-flex rim for undermount or drop-in installation.”
- Best For 21’’ Cabinet: American Standard Studio Care Undermount Bathroom Sink
“Suitable with both wall and deck-mount faucets, comes with mounting kit and template, minimalist yet beautiful design, smooth and high-gloss surface.”
- Best For Deep Vanity: Mocoloo Ceramic Glazed Porcelain Undermount Bathroom Sink
“Designed with an extra smooth surface, sleek construction for a seamless installation, arrives with installation hardware and cardboard cutout template, easy to clean and maintain.”
- Best With Textural Pattern: Kohler K-17889-RL-RB3 Bluestone Rutile Undermount Bathroom Sink
“Unique textural pattern, rutile glaze layered over textured patterns, available in three different sizes and shapes, neutral hues to pair with many different fixtures and faucets.”
- Sarlai Pure White Porcelain Ceramic Undermount Bathroom Sink
“Sleek European-inspired design, suitable for wall-mounted installation, polished surface with excellent acid resistance, low absorption of water, cUPC certified.”
Best Undermount Bathroom Sinks Comparison Chart
Below is my detailed comparison chart for the best undermount bathroom sinks in 2021. You should have a look at this chart to quickly identify the one you need.
|Best Undermount Bathroom Sinks||Product Dimensions||Product Weight||Material||Shape|
|KOHLER K-20000-0 Caxton Undermount Bathroom Sink - Best Overall||20.31 x 15.75 x 7.33 inches||19.7 pounds||Vitreous china||Rectangular|
|MR Direct UPM-Black Undermount Bathroom Sink - Best Budget||15.5 x 19 x 7.25 inches||11.4 pounds||Vitreous china||Oval|
|Friho Modern Sleek Vanity Undermount Bathroom Sink - Best With Overflow||18.5 x 13.8 x 7.9 inches||19.66 pounds||Solid ceramic with crystalline glaze||Rectangular|
|Nantucket Sinks White Undermount Bathroom Sink - Best For Quartz Countertop||18 x 13 x 7.5 inches||18 pounds||Ceramic with porcelain enamel glaze||Rectangular|
|Kohler K-2890-4-96 Tahoe Undermount Bathroom Sink - Best With Faucet Holes||8.5 x 18 x 20 inches||46 pounds||Cast iron||Rectangular|
|Sinkology Schrodinger Handmade Copper Bathroom Sink - Best Handmade||17 x 13 x 5.5 inches||6.14 pounds||18-gauge pure, solid copper||Oval|
|American Standard Studio Care Undermount Bathroom Sink - Best For 21 Cabinet||16 x 16 x 6.75 inches||20.5 pounds||Vitreous china||Square|
|Mocoloo Ceramic Glazed Porcelain Undermount Bathroom Sink - Best For Deep Vanity||24.25 x 18.25 x 12.25 inches||23.3 pounds||Ceramic glazed porcelain||Rectangular|
|Kohler K-17889-RL-RB3 Bluestone Rutile Undermount Bathroom Sink - Best With Textural Pattern||19.38 x 16.38 x 7.69 inches||18 pounds||Vitreous china||Oval|
|Sarlai Pure White Porcelain Ceramic Undermount Bathroom Sink||16 x 13 x 7.5 inches||13.37 pounds||Porcelain||Oval|
Top 10 Best Undermount Bathroom Sinks – A Detailed Review
In this review for the best undermount bathroom sinks, I will go over each product’s key features, pros, and cons. I’m certain that my detailed description of each product will be enough to help you find the best one for your home.
1. KOHLER K-20000-0 Caxton Undermount Bathroom Sink
Simple yet beautiful, this undermount bathroom sink from Kohler will surely transform your bathroom space. Its attractive design can go with any pre-existing decorations in your bathroom, regardless of whether they’re traditional or modern.
When it comes to durability, it’s hard to match the Kohler K-20000-0 undermount bathroom sink. Made from high-quality vitreous china, the product is as durable as it is to clean. With time, you will love how easy it is to maintain the sink in its brand new condition.
- Standard countertop cutout fit
- Overflow drain included to prevent spilling
- Compatible with wall and counter-mount faucets
- Can fit any bathroom’s decór
- Incredibly effortless to install to your countertop
- Makes cleaning and maintaining effortless
- Durable construction for longer product’s lifespan
- Comes at a very reasonable price
- Designed with a slightly round bottom to reduce splashing
- The product doesn’t come with a drain.
|Product Specifications||20.31 x 15.75 x 7.33 inches|
|Product Weight||19.7 pounds|
|Overflow||Yes (In the front)|
|Drain Hole Diameter||2 ½ inches|
2. MR Direct UPM-Black Undermount Bathroom Sink
A lot of the time, an inexpensive product doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s low-quality or badly made. The MR Direct undermount bathroom sink is a prime example of this. Arriving at a low price, this undermount bathroom sink will surprise you with its supreme quality.
This undermount bathroom sink boasts triple glazing as well as triple firing, making it highly resilient. Even with rough handling, this bathroom sink will not chip, crack, or stain easily.
- Built-in overflow for safe water filling
- Minimum cabinet size: 21 inches
- Triple glazing and triple firing
- Elegant oval shape with a flat bottom
- Impressive durability that can withstand heavy impact
- Relatively easy to install
- Long warranty time
- A great value for money
- Tends to show water spots quite easily.
|Product Specifications||15.5 x 19 x 7.25 inches|
|Product Weight||11.4 pounds|
|Drain Hole Diameter||1 ½ inch (requires 1 ¼ size drain)|
|Warranty||Limited lifetime warranty|
3. Friho Modern Sleek Vanity Undermount Bathroom Sink
(Best With Overflow)
Are you looking for an undermount bathroom sink with a large overflow to make sure that the water inside will never spill? Equipped with a large and efficient overflow, the Friho undermount bathroom sink can ensure that you will never have to worry about spilled water.
Another reason you should consider getting this bathroom sink from Friho lies in its impressive resistance to scratches. This means that this bathroom sink can maintain its unblemished surface and pristine white color for a very long time.
- Modern and sleek design with a rectangular shape
- Overflow included to keep water from spilling out
- Scratch-resistant ceramic
- Installing and cleaning are a breeze
- Beautiful design to improve your bathroom’s decór
- Arrives at a reasonable price
- Solid and sturdy construction for long-lasting use
- Some might not like the fact that the drain hole is not placed in the center.
|Product Specifications||18.5 x 13.8 x 7.9 inches|
|Product Weight||19.66 pounds|
|Overflow||Yes (Overflow is placed in the back)|
|Drain Hole Diameter||1-¾’ inches|
|Warranty||2-year warranty 100% money-back guaranteed|
4. Nantucket Sinks White Undermount Bathroom Sink
(Best For Quartz Countertop)
The beautiful and stylish design of the Nantucket undermount bathroom sink will make it a fantastic fit on your quartz countertop. Its brilliant and crisp white color can ensure that your quartz countertop will stand out in your bathroom.
One feature that I particularly love about the Nantucket undermount bathroom sink is its gentle slope. Thanks to this, the sink bowl will allow you to wash your hands or your face without worrying that water will splash out of the sink.
- Smooth ceramic surface with a porcelain enamel glaze
- Slope sides and flat bottom for a smooth transitional look
- Ideal for small and tight bathrooms
- Packed carefully to ensure the sink doesn’t break during the delivery
- Flawless glazing for a beautiful and eye-catching appearance
- Its flat undermount lip allows the sink to be installed on quartz countertop without large gaps
- Suitable for 18-inch deep vanity sinks, which are usually hard to find a compatible sink
- The included template might not be 100% correct.
|Product Specifications||18 x 13 x 7.5 inches|
|Product Weight||18 pounds|
|Overflow||Yes (Overflow is placed in the front)|
|Drain Hole Diameter||1.75 inches|
|Finish||Porcelain enamel glaze|
|Warranty||Limited lifetime warranty|
5. Kohler K-2890-4-96 Tahoe Undermount Bathroom Sink
(Best With Faucet Holes)
It can be tricky to find undermount bathroom sinks with pre-drilled faucet holes. If you find yourself to be in a similar situation, this product from Kohler might be what you’re looking for. With up to three’ faucet holes, this sink will make the installation process easier.
Made from cast iron, the Kohler undermount bathroom sink is incredibly durable. Although this also means that the sink will be noticeably heavier than others, you’ll certainly be pleased with its sturdy and heavy-duty construction.
- Comes with three centerset faucet holes
- Available in three colors (white, almond, and biscuit)
- No-rimming sink design
- Drop-in installation type
- One of the most reasonably priced cast iron undermount bathroom sinks
- Fantastic for vintage bathroom and decoration
- Unmatched durability and sturdiness for lifelong use
- Doesn’t require much time and effort to clean
- The sink is rather heavy, which might require a metal frame or reinforcement.
|Product Specifications||8.5 x 18 x 20 inches|
|Product Weight||46 pounds|
|Drain Hole Diameter||1-11/16 inches (43 mm)|
|Warranty||Lifetime limited warranty|
6. Sinkology Schrodinger Handmade Copper Bathroom Sink
Boasting a sophisticated hand-hammered surface, this elegant bathroom sink will bring a unique beauty to your bathroom. Because this copper sink is handcrafted, you’ll notice a one-of-a-kind appeal that cannot possibly be replicated by machine production.
One interesting thing about copper sinks is that they can develop a natural patina with time. This patina is never the same, so I’m certain that you’ll find the constant changes in patina patterns fascinating. Isn’t this a great way to beautify your bathroom?
- Handcrafted and hand-hammered sink
- Made from 18-gauge pure copper
- 3D interactive assembly instruction available
- Dual-flex rim for either undermount or drop-in installation
- Will develop a beautiful, ever-changing patina with time
- Simple and straightforward installation
- Impressive durability that can stand the test of time
- Excellent for small bathrooms and apartments
- Might be slightly hard to keep clean.
|Product Specifications||17 x 13 x 5.5 inches|
|Product Weight||6.14 pounds|
|Drain Hole Diameter||1.5 inches|
7. American Standard Studio Care Undermount Bathroom Sink
(Best For 21’’ Cabinet)
Are you having difficulty finding a suitable undermount bathroom sink for your 21-inch cabinet? If that is the case, you might want to check out this product from American Standard. Thanks to its compact design, this sink can easily fit in virtually any 21-inch cabinet.
Worried that this undermount sink will not match your cabinet? Rest assured, the sink’s simple yet alluring design can match cabinets of various colors and decorations. I can guarantee that you will be immensely satisfied with the overall result.
- Suitable with both wall and deck-mount faucets
- Comes with a mounting kit and template
- Minimalist yet beautiful design
- Smooth and high-gloss surface
- Ideal for DIY projects thanks to its ease of installation
- Takes little effort to clean due to its stain-resistant surface
- The curved basin with gentle slopes can prevent water from splashing out
- Suitable for small spaces
- The sink’s color is not truly white but rather white with a slight yellow tint.
|Product Specifications||16 x 16 x 6.75 inches|
|Product Weight||20.5 pounds|
|Overflow||Yes (Customizable position)|
|Drain Hole Diameter||Not specified|
|Finish||Glossy white finish|
8. Mocoloo Ceramic Glazed Porcelain Undermount Bathroom Sink
(Best For Deep Vanity)
Do you want a deep undermount bathroom sink to go with your vanity as well? If this is what you’re looking for, you need to have a look at the Mocoloo undermount bathroom sink. With a fantastic depth of up to 12.25 inches, this product is one of the deepest undermount bathroom sinks.
Aside from its impressive depth, the Mocoloo undermount bathroom sink also comes with an overflow drain. As a result, you will never have to worry about water spilling or splashing out of the sink, thus making a mess on your vanity. What a great addition to your bathroom!
- Designed with an extra smooth surface
- Sleek construction for seamless integration into your vanity or countertop
- Comes with installation hardware and a cardboard cutout template
- Also suitable for countertop installation
- Doesn’t require experience or expertise to install
- Simple to clean and maintain thanks to its scratch-resistant surface
- Outstanding durability to guarantee your utmost satisfaction
- A great bargain for the price
- Might be slightly hard to drain the water completely.
|Product Specifications||24.25 x 18.25 x 12.25 inches|
|Product Weight||23.3 pounds|
|Drain Hole Diameter||1.75 inches|
|Warranty||3-month hassle-free return|
9. Kohler K-17889-RL-RB3 Bluestone Rutile Undermount Bathroom Sink
(Best With Textural Pattern)
What if you prefer an undermount bathroom sink with unique patterns and designs? What if standard white bathroom sinks now look boring to you? In that case, I’m certain that you will fall head over heel with this gorgeous bathroom sink, which boasts an eye-catching textural pattern.
Despite its delicate look, this elegant undermount bathroom sink is a lot more durable than it appears to be. Made from vitreous china, the Kohler sink proves to be of supreme durability, so you can expect this sink to be around for years to come.
- Unique textural pattern
- Rutile glaze layered over textured patterns for effortless cleaning
- Available in three different sizes and shapes (round, oval, rectangular)
- Can go with wall-mounted and counter-mounted faucets
- Neutral hues to go with many different fixtures and faucets
- Can bring timeless and exclusive beauty to your bathroom
- Very sturdy and durable, ensuring that it can handle rough handling
- Low maintenance
- The steps to install are simple
- Might drain water at a rather slow rate.
|Product Specifications||19.38 x 16.38 x 7.69 inches|
|Product Weight||18 pounds|
|Drain Hole Diameter||Not specified|
10. Sarlai Pure White Porcelain Ceramic Undermount Bathroom Sink
To close off my list for the best undermount bathroom sinks, allow me to introduce you to this amazing product from Sarlai. This practically flawless bathroom sink boasts a stylish European-inspired design, making it incredibly pleasant to look at.
The aspect I like best about the Sarlai undermount bathroom sink is that it can drain water remarkably fast. As the sink can drain completely, you’ll never have to worry that some water will always be left at its bottom, making it easier for mold and mildew to build up.
- cUPC certified (Has been tested for safe use)
- Sleek European-inspired design
- Also suitable for wall-mounted installation
- Polished surface with excellent acid resistance
- Low absorption of water
- Can drain the water completely at a very fast rate
- Can be installed by virtually anyone
- Doesn’t require frequent cleaning or maintenance
- None that I can find.
|Product Specifications||16 x 13 x 7.5 inches|
|Product Weight||13.37 pounds|
|Drain Hole Diameter||Compatible with 1.75-inch pop-up drain|
|Warranty||3-month hassle-free return|
Important Factors To Buy The Best Undermount Bathroom Sinks
To find the best undermount bathroom sinks, you’ll need more than just recommendations alone. Aside from knowing what the top undermount bathroom sinks are, you also need to be aware of the following crucial factors.
The Undermount Sink’s Size
Before getting any undermount bathroom sink, you first need to make sure that it is the right size for your countertop. If it’s too big, it will be impossible for you to install the sink on the countertop.
You should also think about how much countertop space you want to have after installing the sink. If you want to have a spacious countertop even after installing the undermount sink, you should get one with a small size.
The Undermount Sink’s Weight
The weight of the sink can determine how easy it’ll be for you to install it. While light undermount sinks can be installed with simple caulks or specialized adhesives, heavier ones might require mounting clips and metal frames for support.
If you’re not confident in your skills and are unwilling to pay more for an expert to install the sink for you, you should get a lightweight undermount sink for ease of installation.
As I’ve said, materials are very important, as they can determine the sink’s sturdiness, durability, affordability, and ease of maintenance. So you should always check the main material used for making the sink before buying it.
Ease Of Installation
Although the principle behind installing undermount bathroom sinks is relatively the same, you need to check if the sink is actually easy to install, especially if you’re doing the task yourself.
A lot of undermount bathroom sinks come with an installation template, making the task much easier for you. If you want to make sure that the installation process is a breeze, you should consider getting sinks with this template.
Drain And Overflow
Another thing you should keep in mind is the sink’s drain and overflow. Specifically, you need to check out the drain’s size to make sure that it’s compatible with your existing plumbing system.
Some sinks come with an overflow, whereas others don’t. If you’re not particularly worried about water spilling out, you can get a sink without an overflow. However, if you fear that you might forget to turn off the water tap, a sink with an overflow will prevent a messy countertop.
One usually overlooked factor is the bowl shape. When buying undermount bathroom sinks, it is not always the case that people pay close attention to the bowl shape. However, I’ve noticed that knowing what bowl shape you want usually results in a satisfactory purchase.
So before buying the undermount sink, you should think if the bowl shape can actually match your bathroom’s pre-existing decoration. If you’re not certain which shape to get, square or rectangular is usually the safest bet.
Useful Tips You Might Need For Undermount Bathroom Sinks
Installing undermount bathroom sinks can seem like a daunting task, especially if you’ve never done it before. However, with the information provided below, maybe you’ll find the installation process much easier.
1. How To Install Undermount Bathroom Sinks?
Who says you’ll need help from an expert to install an undermount bathroom sink? Installing an undermount bathroom sink is actually quite easier than you might think. Don’t know where to start? I have what you need right here.
2. How To Remove Undermount Bathroom Sinks?
If you already have an undermount bathroom sink in place, it goes without saying that you’ll need to remove it before installing the new one. While it is possible to remove an old undermount bathroom sink, you might need some instructions to do so.
After learning the necessary steps shown here, you’ll be able to remove your old undermount bathroom sinks with ease.
3. Is Silicone Enough To Hold An Undermount Sink?
Unfortunately, silicone usually isn’t enough to hold an undermount sink firmly in place. You will need to use caulks to make sure that the undermount sink can stick securely to your vanity or countertop.
4. How Is An Undermount Sink Held In Place?
Undermounts sinks can be firmly secured to your countertop with the help of caulk, heavy-duty clips, or specialized adhesive.
5. Do Undermount Bathroom Sink Need Clips?
This depends on how large and heavy your undermount bathroom sink is. If it’s compact and lightweight, it’ll need adhesive only. However, if it’s on the bulky and heavy side, you’ll need to use mounting clips to make sure the sink stays in place.
6. How To Fix A Leaky Undermount Sink?
Unfortunately, undermount sinks can still leak. A lot of the time, this is due to the plumbing system. If you notice that your undermount bathroom sink is leaking, you can try the method shown below to address the problem.
Although undermount bathroom sinks might seem simple and straightforward, they are more complicated than you may think. This is why I will provide you with some important information about these products in the section below.
My Top Pick
For undermount bathroom sinks, I’d always recommend getting the KOHLER Undermount Bathroom Sink. Its fantastic durability and incredibly smooth surface will ensure that the sink can maintain its pristine beauty for years to come.
The MR Direct UPM-Black Undermount Bathroom Sink is also another product that is worth your consideration. One of the most affordable undermount bathroom sinks, the product will awe you with its amazing sturdiness and gorgeous appearance.
Of course, other undermount bathroom sinks listed in my reviews are fantastic too. So if you’re still having trouble deciding which one to get, you can comment down below to get a personal suggestion from me.